Chapter 1 : Feels Like Home

Dayu's POV

The last time I visited Beijing was when I need to perform for my art class last year in my aunt's tea house. And here I am now, standing in front of the big building "Beijing Union University", which will be my second home for the next 4 years.

"Dayu!"

I heard someone called my name and stomping sound getting closer. But before I even can see who it was, someone was hugging me. "I missed you so much, Dayu!"

"Qiu Shi, we've met last year, remember? And it was your fault you never visited your own hometown!" I smiled as I was blaming him. But I missed him too. Qiu Shi was my best friend. Oh, he will also be my roommate in a small apartment. He said it's better than a dorm. The rent was cheap, we have our privacy and also it's literally just 5 minutes walk from the university. So why not?

"Hehe.. It's because I need to work! You know how busy I am with my works! Wait.. You just bring this one small luggage with you?"

"Yes, I don't have that much things to bring. I do have books to pick up though. I've sent it to my aunt before. I'll pick it up later today."

"I bet it will be history books. I still can't understand how can you have such a deep interest in history." It's interesting! But I did understand, not everybody interested in history as deep as I did.

I just smiled to his babbling "come on, lead the way!"

"Ay ay captain, let's go! I'm excited, I'm sure you'll like it!" He said while pulling my hand to walk fast.

After walking 2 blocks, we arrived at a small building. About 4 stocks high, seems old but still in a good condition. Looked well maintained outside and inside. Our apartment was in the 3rd floor. Qiu Shi opened the door, and I'm stunned. I didn't expect the apartment to be this modern and clean.

It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a small open kitchen, which connected to the living room. The apartment had a monochrome mix of dark grey and white. There's a grey sofa, fluffy light grey carpet and white coffee table in the living room. The kitchen also has the same color with the walls painted white. Such a modern and cozy apartment. I like it. But! Who in the world decorated it? There's no way Qiu Shi did this.

"Wow, I thought it would be old and messy. Do you have girlfriend? I don't think you decorated this alone."

"eee.. no no no o.. o.. of course I did this. My taste is good, you know." Hmm there's something fishy. But as I opened my mouth to say something, my phone rang. It's my aunt.

"Hello"

"Hello, Dayu? Have you met Qiu Shi? Are you there yet?"

"Yes aunty, I'm in the apartment already. I'll tidy things up first and I'll be there this afternoon."

"Do you need me to fetch you up? I know you don't know how to get here. What if you get lost?" My aunt is a worrywart just like my mom. I glanced sideways and saw Qiu Shi smiling proudly as he patted his own chest as if saying it's alright, I can show you. Made me wanna kick him.

"No need aunty. Qiu Shi is here, he knows how to get there. I'll just bring him with me."

"Ok then. And Dayu, can you please come before 5 p.m.? At 6 we'll be performing "The Peach Blossom Fan". I know you love this play and you performed this many times before. It also doesn't change much. The actor is sick and the new one too nervous to play it. Can you please perform tonight?"

My eyes were shining hearing this. I loved this play, and she's right, I played it many times before at her tea house. "Of course! We'll come sooner."

"Thank you Dayu. Ok then, I'll prepare everything first. Be careful!"

"Yes aunty, see you later."

I just ended the call, I heard Qiu Shi screamed "Are you going to perform tonight? Without any practice?"

"No worry, I already know this play by heart. Aunty said it doesn't change much. So, it will be no problem."

Qiu Shi shook his head "You silly history nerd. But that's nice, it's been a while since I watched your play. It will be fun! Oh, your bedroom is that one, the second door."

"Ok, I'll put my things first, take a bath and we can go"

I went to my bedroom, it has a single bed with light grey bedding in the middle of the room. There's big window with grey curtain and a small desk in front of it. Also a wardrobe, which big enough to put all of my clothes in.

This room made me feels like home a second I set my foot in.