Chapter 4 : Soothing and Velvety

Qing's POV

I was smacking my lips with anticipation, then the boy said Feng Jianyu left minutes before I got there. My stomach dropped. I turned around immediately, searching for him through the crowd. I even climbed to the second floor to get better view outside, still I couldn't find him. I missed him because I was blacking out for a moment. This made me lose my head.

Dragging my feet, I came back to our table. I rushed my Gran and Ma to go home. They looked at me like I was an alien. But I didn't care. All I have in mind was I need to dig some information about my love, Feng Jianyu.

My love? That sounds really nice! I like that!

Have I really fallen in love? I have never been in love before. What is love? Whatever it is, I have to meet him again!

Arrived at home, I went straight to my room. I opened my laptop, logged in to my weibo and tipped his name.

I found it! Ah he was actually 2 years older than me. Wait a minute.. Beijing Union University? We were in a same university! If this was not fate, I didn't know what is. My hand was trembling with excitement.

After I stalked his weibo for hours, I knew more about him. People called him Dayu. I knew how he loved to read, he liked purple and also lavender. Maybe because lavender is purple?

He was perfection. His enchanting eyes, his slender wrist, his glowing sweet honey dipped skin. I wanted to touch him, to feel his skin.

My eyes feel strained after stalking Dayu for hours. I closed my laptop and slumped down into my bed. I lay in silence, my body felt heavy. I can't even listen to music because my mind was still spinning around my Dayu until my eyes grew heavy and I fell into a deep slumber.

I hoped he comes to my dream tonight. And I can't wait to flipped the university to find him!

Dayu's POV

"Qiu Shi! I can't find the class! I'm late! Where am I?" I was panicking, I was late already on my first day. Qiu Shi had to work early in the morning and left first. I lost my way on campus.

"How the hell can I know where you are now? Just looked for a big white statue, and your department's building is the one behind it."

"Wait.. I think I see it! Ok I need to run. Thanks bye!"

"By.." I cut the call before he finished talking and put my phone back to my pocket.

I ran to the building and only slowed to a jog when I got on the corridor to catch my breath. I searched for my class, it was right in the middle.

Uh oh, it has already started. I can see the professor, wearing a black coat despite the heat, standing in front of the class. The class was huge and already packed. Nice way to start this semester, Dayu! I scolded myself.

I knocked the door twice and went in. I didn't actually have to knock, but the door is in the front of the class. So better let them know. As expected all eyes were on me once I was in.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I lost my way on the way to the campus." I looked at the professor. I swallowed, feeling my cheeks flame. And then I switched my sight to the left to my classmates because I saw someone was standing up from the corner of my eyes.

It was him!

He was a student here? In this campus? And he was once again standing up. I can't help but smiling at him.

The professor interrupted my daydreaming in front of the class. "Please be more punctual next time! Take a seat."

I looked around if I can find an empty seat. There were still empty seats in the middle near the standing guy and at the end of the class. I bet it would not be this packed again after a few months.

Getting through to the middle was troublesome, I'll take one at the end. But before I could move, the standing guy forced the guy next to him to stand up, without saying anything, and pushed him away. Then he looked at me.

It was my cue to went there, maybe?

The guy was pushed away anyway, so I took his kindness. I walked to sit next to him. His eyes were still fixed on me.

"Thank you" I said and smiled. He just hummed and looked away. But then he sometimes stole glances at me. I was confused by his move, but I didn't find it weird. It was cute, he was cute.

The professor gave us a long briefing about what should we anticipated and participated for this semester. And for my surprise, he gave us group task on the first day. He sure liked to get the ball rolling right away. The assignment was actually simple.

"You guys just need to write a poem and recite it next week on my class. It's up to you how many members you want in your group. Choose wisely! That's all for today."

I still pinned on my seat. Thinking it through, I need to find a partner or a group. I never was an introvert person. But for the last 2 years I lived in Toronto, I had always socialized in small groups. This huge-scale group was overwhelming for me. I looked around, my classmates were talking to each other. Then I looked to my left, that guy was staring at me.

"Hi.. I'm Feng Jianyu, you can call me Dayu." I hold out my hand and smiled to him.

He took my hand, gazed at me steadily. The warm smile flickering across his face. "Hello Dayu, I'm Wang Qing."

His voice was neither too deep nor too high. There's hint of confidence and dominance yet soothing and velvety.

Something about him made me feel something I had never felt. Something I couldn't quite put my finger on.