Chapter 17 : Exquisite News

Liu Wei's POV

My sister had been coming to see Dayu every week with a reason to send me lunch. I know after Zhang Tao's death she has been thinking about Dayu continuously and that ticked me off.

I was also buried under a mountain of work which need to be done by the end of this week. The whole thing gave me headache.

As I were in a deep thought, someone knocked on my door. This tall guy, I knew him. His name was Wang Qing, I recalled. The girls in the class were swooning over him but he always stuck close to Dayu. Were they lovers? Didn't seem like that. But maybe my premonition was right, Dayu was gay.

"Mr. Liu, can we talk for a moment?"

"Of course. What can I help you with? Do you have any problem with the assignment?"

"No, it's about your sister. She invited Dayu to come to Bar "BIBO" in the downtown tonight at 8PM. I don't like the idea. I talked to her but she wouldn't listen to me. But maybe she'll listen to you."

What??? She wants to meet with Dayu? Alone?

But what this guy said made sense. This morning I asked Xiao Yang, she said she'll meet her friend tonight. Now I knew who her friend was. 

Although there was a clash of emotions going on in my heart, I didn't show any emotion in front of this guy. He would smell something fishy.

"Let them be." I retorted. "Why don't you like the idea? They were childhood friend and they haven't met in years. It just normal to catch up with each other."

"She had a thing for Dayu! But ok if you don't think something will happen. I'll talk to Dayu again. Thank you for your time." He stormed out my office.

I thought about it the whole day, and I could not have a peace of mind, thinking she would meet with Dayu, someone she fell in love with for years, at night at a bar. It won't end good. I needed to go there to protect her.

The sun was setting. I sat up from my desk, pulled back the curtain in my office and waited for the sky to darken, orange to grey, before I drove to downtown. I arrived at the bar half past 7. I've never been here before, but I've heard about it. This "BIBO" bar was one of the hottest bar in town at the moment.

Inside was hundreds of conversations told in loud voices, competing with loud music that domineer the atmosphere. Along the wall behind the bar, was every hue of amber liquid in bottles lined in beautifully.

I shuffled and sat down on the bar high stool

I shuffled and sat down on the bar high stool. I ordered a glass of sidecar to the bartender in front of me. As I waited, someone approached me. He wore a black jacket and a black hat covered nearly half of his face.

Then I heard a cold mocking chuckle "I thought you said to let her be". Without seeing his face, I knew who had this cold voice.

"I just need a drink." I said calmly. Second later, the bartender put a cocktail glass in front of me. The rim was coated in sugar, liquid inside was clear dark orange garnished with a piece of orange peel. The alcohol was strong with a hint of lemon and orange.