Freaking out

The two days were over way too fast.

It was Monday, which I hated to my guts. School was always bad, but Mondays were the worst. On Mondays, we had sports in our first lesson. I wasn't a very sporty person to begin with and it just got worse when I had to do it with other people.

It also was the reason I came with sports clothes to school and then changed in the bathroom. There was no need to see Alicia if it was avoidable. So normally, I was the first one to be in the gym, since I was thirty minutes early.

Well, not this time. When I came in, I saw the two new exchange students fighting - with swords. They'd come one month ago, in the middle of the year. Everyone loved them - and I couldn't care less. They led the Attention away from me and onto them, and I was just fine with that. However, seeing them fighting with swords, was everything but normal. I rubbed my eyes. Maybe I didn't sleep enough. But no - they were still fighting. Before I could speak up, a dagger cut through the air and everything faded to black.

I woke up in the imfarmary, the nurses worried face in front of me.

"Niela, dear, are you okay? You should go home now."

Go home? Why the hell should I go - oh, wait I fainted.

"Uhm", I made, unsure, what to say. The nurse looked even more worried at the lack of words coming out of my mouth.
"Here. I packed your stuff. Should I get someone to bring you home?" I shook my head. She'd probably ask in class after a friend or something, which would only lead to more attention to me. Also, I had no friends.

"Okay, my dear. Take care, will you?", she said, still worried. I nodded mumbled a "Thank you", and then went home. Dad was not there yet, he had another appointment with a doctor - useless if you ask me. I went to my bed and slept into the next day.

After that horrible Monday, I expected Tuesday to be much better. We had history in the first lesson, and I had a presentation to hold about the Greek mythology. We were able to choose the topics ourselves and I chose the story of Persephone and Hades. After listening to a few presentations, one of them defending Heras actions towards demigods and goddesses, it was my turn. I started, talking about how Persephone was a daughter of Demeter and Zeus. I told them how she got trapped by Hades, who fell in love with her and Demeters anger about the whole situation. There are many different versions of the story, one saying that Persephone herself found an entrance to the underworld, and then loved that the underworld as it was. In that version, Zeus (not Hermes) came to rescue her, because the people on earth were dying out of hunger - Demeter was angry and sad about the loss of her daughter and didn't let anything grow. Hades let Persephone go, not knowing that she ate a half of a grapefruit he gave her. If you eat food from the underworld,  you must stay there. But since Persephone only ate half of it, she also only stayed half of the year with hades. In that time, Demeter wouldn't let things grow (out of sadness). That is how the Greeks explained the season in Greece. Though, in homers version, Persephone got kidnapped, and Zeus sent Hermes to take her, so Demeter wouldn't be so angry and sad anymore. Since homers version had been publically accepted by everyone, most people thought, that Persephone was a helpless, pretty girl, who fell in love with Hades. I liked the other version more - Persephone being a badass with Hecate on her side, doing the punishments in the underworld. I got some applause and an A from my teacher (History had always been my best subject, along with art), and went to my seat again. We had a short pause and then we would listen to the next presentations - Or we would have, if Alicia would've kept her mouth shut.

"So Persephone was kidnapped by Hades... This is probably how Nielas crazy Dad got her mother. Who would want to fuck him out of their own will?" They laughed. I tried to keep calm. Alicia didn't make that many comments lately, and I got used to that - a bad mistake. I actually was not the person to lose her temper, but Dad... well, I couldn't stand it when somebody said something bad about him. I still told myself that this was normal, and it was only Alicia, mocking my family. She probably didn't know that her mother wouldn't have survived cancer without him. During the time he'd spent countless hours in the hospital 24/7, trying to save her mother from death. He succeed, but out of some reason nobody ever told her who was responsible for the miracle.

"Who is Niela?", a guy quietly asked to his friend. "The black girl with the dark violet eyes...", his friend whispered back. "Her real eye coulour?", friend number 1 asked. "She says so", said Friend nunmber 2.

I indeed had one green and one dark violet eye, almost black. It was my real eyecoulour, but nobody seemed to believe it. I didn't blame them, It's not like you see my eyes everywhere on the street. But seriousley, looking at my babyphotos, who would put lenses onto a child at the age of one month ? "Niela honey, why don't you show us your real self?", Alicia said, breaking my thoughts. "What?", I said, totally confused - a big mistake. Exact now I should've ignored her and avoided a conflict.

"Didn't you just hear these two guys talking about your real eyecolour? I am probably not the only one who wants to know if they are real, so show us how you were born as a baby", she replied, a mean grin on her face. I frowned. Something was wrong. "What do you mean?"

"I mean you being naked. You're probably used to it, since you are whore and your mother probably was, too... She sureley sold her body to your father, did sh-" "Take that back.", I said quietly. "Oh really? Why would I? It's all true!"
This was so stupid - such a stupid comment about my family, about myself.. but I still got mad. What was wrong with me?

"Take it back, Alicia", I said, a little louder this time.

"Make me take it back, Niela", Alicia challenged. I clenched my fists. Some force threw her from her boyfriends lap and she landed on her bottom. Alicia screamed and punched me - and I fell. I never would have thought that a human being could possibly punch you this hard. It felt like my rips were broken. I saw the violet and balck shadows again, forming a rope and binding her legs together, making her fall. This time I knew that this wasn't simply some wind or a weird thing that happened. Just for one moment, I stopped lying to myself. Something inside of me did this. But before anything else could happen, the professor came back from the bathroom and we were both sent to the headmaster.

"So Alicia, you broke her rips, and you, Niela, you threw her to the wall. Did I get his right?" We didn't answer. My head was dizzy and I was tired. "You're both suspended for the next two days. Then we will have a little talk with your parents."