Mankind's rarest abilities

"Who is there?", a hoarse, rather evil, voice hissed - Filch, the caretaker of this school.

It was 5:30 in the morning and come thing of it, i didn't know wether or not pupils were allowed to enter the library without permission this early in the morning. I had just assumed it would be okay to enter. If it weren't allowed, they would have locked the door, wouldn't they?

"Argus, my dear, why are you shouting?", a woman asked. "I'm sure all the pupils are in bed right now. Nobody in their right mind stands up this early - and even if, using the library is not forbidden - as long as they don't eat in here."

I sighed out of relief and placed the book back into its shelf since I couldn't find anything useful in it. The two of them kept talking and I relaxed a little when I heard them leave the library.

The search after a useful, goal-leading book has been going on for a good hour and I couldn't find anything at all. It was rather frustrating.

"Young Lady, what are you doing here?"

I flinched and almost dropped the book I was currently holding. This was the voice who talked with talked with Filch.

Madam Prince, the librarian, appeared in front of me with a very, very angry look on her face.

"I... uh ... searched for a book", I stuttered. Why was I stuttering? I hadn't done anything wrong, right?
"And what", she said and pulled out a bit of chocolate paper, "is this?"
"That wasn't me, Miss. I only searched for books."
She pinched her eyes together a little more. "Alright, I believe you. What book were you searching for anyways?" "A book about world-wanderers or just about people that are able to see and enter multiple dimensions."

"But then you're in the wrong section! Follow me ... " She marched through the library without making a single sound. A little bit later, we arrived at the place she wanted me to be. Then she pulled out a medium - sized book and handed it over to me. It seemed old, but not ancient, had a simple brown leather cover with bronze ornaments framing the book. The book title, 'Mankind's rarest abilities' was written in bronze letters as well. A belt with a big (schloss) locked the book.

"Here is the key. Please sign here",the librarian said and I scribbled my signature on the list before thanking her and leaving the library.

When I returned to the Hufflepuff dorms, it was 6am. Laurel was still happily snoring and Cecily wasn't awake either. I decided to finish my homework, and by seven I was done with everything for the week.

I threw a black cloak over my clothes and exchanged my muggle pullover with a Hufflepuff one, then I went towards the great hall to eat breakfast.