Not(t) at it again

[Niela]

I wondered what exactly had happened between Draco and the golden trio. When I'd joined their (staring contest) conversation, the atmosphere had been extremely tense. Ron Weasley, Harry and Draco had all looked like there was some extremely small (but significant) detail, which held them from ripping out each others throats.

On another note, Professor Sprout had been right. Foreign emotions and feelings were not overwhelming me anymore - they had become a noise far away, similar to the busy sounds of New York which one heard, though never acknowledged. And just like New York felt empty when sirens and angry taxi-drivers couldn't be heard, I would probably feel empty without that background noise of emotions, as odd as that was.

New York; I suddenly felt the urge to write my Dad, though we had written each other one week ago.
Within the span of that week, lots of things had happened - I had my first date, got to meet a few dementors, was hit by a sudden wave of emotions for three (long) days, talked with Draco about stuff that was important to him ... the list went on. All of those were things I thought, I'd never experience, yet they all happened in such a shot span of time.

Stop reminiscing, you need to finish these books.
Right, thank you Agapi -
- still, you forgot to mention that little shirtless encounter yesterday -
Shut it.
You're mean.
What, and you are the purest form of kindness?

  Agapi, who had flown out of my pocket crossed her arms, pouting.

Did you observe everything yesterday?
She scoffed. Of course not, I am no pervert.
Even though I had multiple memories proving this to be untrue, I let it slide and focused on my work.

+

I closed the last book. Draco wasn't back yet, so I waited.

"Oi, isn't that Malfoy's girl?"
Frowning, I turned around. Three guys of which I knew none, were staring at me.
"Yeah", one of them mumbled, and walked towards me.
I chose to turn back around and pulled out my sketchbook by summoning it from my ring.
"Are you just going to pretend I'm not sitting next to you?", the guy asked.

"Yes."

I should do some more drawing from nature. If I asked nicely, Hagrid would let me do some next time in care for magical creatures. My paint supplies were slowly running out - I had only taken a provisory amount with me. Maybe Hogsmeade had an art shop.
I made multiple hand sketches to warm up, before moving on to figure drawings.
Were artists needed in magic society? What job opportunities were there? I could of course draw portraits, but being a portrait artist for the rest of my life was hardly something I desired. Art Galleries were always an option, though extremely hard to get into.

"Hey!"

The noise came from next to me - right, the guy was sitting there. "What do you want?"
"I have been talking to you for three whole minutes, how come you haven't  noticed?"
"I was busy", I said, holding up my sketchbook.
The dude snorted. "Busy drawing? Oh wait that actually looks good ... but I'm off-topic. You're Malfoy's girlfriend aren't you?"

"Yes."

"I'm Theodor Nott." I had heard that name somewhere before.
"Are you perhaps Pansy Parkinson's boyfriend?

"Correct. I have a request for you."

"What would that be?"