On how long a towel should be

"Is this love, is this love, I don't know, but I know what I'm feeling..."
P-Square 'Beautiful Onyinye'

[Niela]

I searched for Professor Sprout the next day. As it was Sunday, she'd surely spend it in the conservatory, so I went and knocked there.
"It's open!"
The Professor was busy shaking a strange looking blue plant, out of which golden flakes of dust  jumped every now and then. Those were all collected within a glass mug, as if magically pulled.

"Are you feeling better, Miss Eletherya?"
Professor Sprout had a round face, red cheeks and a head full of silver curls, which strangely reminded me of the kind grandmas in fairytales. I felt comfortable around her.

"Not really.", I said.
Sprout knowingly raised her eyebrows.
"The empathy hasn't gotten any better, I suppose?"
I nodded and gestured towards the blue plant that had started to jump up and down, as if to get out of the Professor's hand. "Professor, I think it might-"
But the plant was faster than me.
In a swift motion, it shot out of Professor Sprouts hand, up to the ceiling, leaving a trail of golden dust behind it.

"Come Elethrya, help me catch it! This plant can save lives-"
" - oh shit -"
"- yes, but mind your language, dear... right there!"
I jumped in order to catch the plant, but it slipped out of my fingers.
"Well done, keep on going!", the teacher said, busily searching for the plant herself. While she was looking on the floor and in niches, I looked up to the ceiling.

There, one the far right, the plant was resting.
"Professor, I've found it."
When she turned around, I pointed towards the plant.
Professor Sprout frowned. "Step aside Eletherya, it might get a bit ugly... just one, good, clasp - "

She smacked the plant with a broom and it let out a green, nasty smelling, liquid which seemed somewhat familiar.

"When dry, it's a great stabilizer for your inner system. I used it while you were unconscious, in order to help your body recover", Professor Sprout explained, catching the plant which had fallen from the ceiling. "Thank you, Eletherya. So why have you come?"

I told her of my ongoing problems with the whole empathy issue, telling her all about the incident yesterday with Draco. It was true that I could escape the sea of colors and emotions by focusing on one person (that being Draco), however I could not be like that forever. Draco couldn't be around to save me at all times (technically he could, but that's due to his rather self-sacrificing tendencies), so I had to learn how to control it.

What if I passed out in the midst of a lesson? Or while trying to do homework? Or (the worst) while being in the forbidden forest? I could not let that happen if I didn't want to die, being stomped over by a few centaurs that would later say 'it was an accident' - yes, they still didn't like me.

"Well", Professor Sprout said, "your body is having to adjust to the new power. You will, by the end of this, probably not be anatomically a human -" wait, would I turn out to be some sort of monster? "- though you weren't to begin with, being a Demi-goddess."

Somehow, that wasn't very uplifting.
Maybe you'll sprout a pair of wings, who knows.
You're not helping, Agapi.

"How long do you think that will take?"
"Three, seven or thirteen days. All three of them are important numbers in magic. With you greeks liking the number three so much, you might be done when you wake up tomorrow."
If that wasn't some light at the end of the forest. "Thank you, Professor."
"No problem, dear. Do say hello to the boy, Malfoy, will ya? He was quite worried about you."

+

I fetched Alicia from the kitchens and asked her if she could bring me to the Slytherin rooms.
"Gotta go see that fiancé, don't you.", Alicia said while standing up and reapplying her lipstick. I didn't know how she managed to cleanly apply it every time, not a single bit of color was out of place.
"He's not my fiancé", I said and felt heat go to my head.
But you wish he was.
And there you go again. Will you never get tired of it?
Agapi laughed. No.