That time Pansy got stuck on a gum

[Niela]

"Didn't the prophecy say 'a mixture of four'? Meaning you and me basically as one person and three more people?", I asked Alicia when she said we needed Blaise. His occasional blood-pride slowly got the best of me.

"The number one tip from Tom was not to focus too much on the prophecy, since it's often confusing", Alicia shrugged, "So I decided to shit on it."

Well, that was one way to see it.

"We need Blaise because he is skilled. There are certain Monsters I don't trust us with on our own, and having another adult wizard in the group might be beneficial.", she added. "Either way, we'll have to figure out one more thing - the money."

I frowned. "What about it?"
Financing the quest was not a problem. Dad's job was extremely well payed and Alicia's family wasn't exactly close to being poor. We wouldn't have the fanciest places to stay in, but a roof above your head was not nothing.
"We should be able to finance it out of our pockets, Alicia."

She smirked. What was it with Slytherins and their constant smirking?

"I think we should distribute this price, so everyone experiences the same amount of pain when losing the money. Of course, aristocratic assholes like you", she poked Draco with her fork, "will have to pay an extra amount."

"Hold up", Blaise said, "I was dragged into this. And I really don't feel like sacrificing my family fortune-"
"Goodness Gracious, Zabini. Can't you just do a little good?", Alicia interrupted him.

"No."

I stepped on his foot. Blaise practically jumped out of his seat.
"Fine, I'll do it."

+

"Eletherya", Draco said the next day, "I want to know more about you."

I stopped walking. "Really?" He shrugged and averted his eyes. "Of course, you're my girlfriend."
And then, Draco Malfoy blushed. It was probably the most adorable thing I had ever seen.

I tried really hard to keep that huge grin off of my face, but it didn't work. "Alright, ask away."

Draco snorted. "Not here. First of all, Blaise won't stop annoying me if he hears me, and second I want to do this properly. How about Hogsmeade before our lesson on Friday?"

"Is that a date?"
"Of course it is, Eletherya. The best one you will ever have."

I intended to answer, but somebody screamed. "There is really no need to go, Elethrya.", Draco said, but I dragged him in the direction of the noise.

When I saw the person who was screaming, I suddenly understood why Draco had not deemed it necessary to go.

Pansy Parkinson was lying on the floor, though she didn't seem like she wanted to be there. In fact, she was screaming and shouting, whilst trying to get off of an enormously large piece of pink chewing gum.

A small crowd of students had assembled, out of which only a few tried to help her. The rest was just laughing. Somebody took a picture.

"If you spread that picture, Elizabeth, I will hunt down your family and make them pay for their debts", Parkinson hissed. A blonde girl at the front of the crowd quickly dropped her camera.

"Do you know how to make that chewing gum disappear?", I asked Draco. He shook his head. "Not without making her disappear as well - which I honestly wouldn't mind."
I nudged him with my elbow, though I couldn't help but smile a little.
"Uhm, Pansy?", I said. Her eyes wandered to me, since part of her face was stuck as well. "What do you want?"
"Free you from the chewing gum."