The ultimate wingwoman

"Niela! Nieeeellllssss! Over here!", I heard two voices shout out of the Hogwarts train. Cecily, Laurel and I grinned at each other. I hugged Tom and Dad goodbye, waved at Theodor and Narcissa and ignored Lucius and Juliette, who ignored me as well. Narcissa was still busy straightening her sons tie, brushing off nonexistent dirt - it was clear she did not want to let him go.

"Mother, stop, it's embarrassing", Malfoy said, trying to move to his friends waiting in the train.

"Your Mother taking care of you is nothing to be embarrassed about!", Narcissa snapped. "You never used to say that, my little dragon-"

Malfoy groaned.

"- and there is no reason to do so now. Spend a little more time with Niela, will you? She is of good heritage, has a kind heart and a classy sense of style - much better than that Parkinson girl, she had absolutely no taste nor class when it came to - well - anything. Lucius, say something."

The older Malfoy placed a hand on his son's shoulder. "Do better than I did, Draco. Make me proud."

+

The train ride was rather uneventful. I listened to Laurels story about her vacation, but my thoughts were elsewhere. The ending of sixth year was coming closer and closer and I was worried. I still hadn't found anyone that would sign up for going on a hunt after beings that used the crystal for their own good. Also, there was Malfoy.

I had absolutely no idea what to do with him. As if I didn't already have enough worries, since time was ticking forward and I hadn't even started making a fleshed out plan yet, he had to step in and ... confuse me. And what about that conversation between him and his parents I overheard ?

"Alright, what is it?"

"Huh?", I said.

"You have been quiet the whole ride. I literally just told you I hated chocolate (which I don't) and you nodded. Where's your mind? What are you thinking about?"

"Dunno, I-"

"Sorry, I'm late", Cecily said, seemingly out of breath as she came in.
"Did something happen?", I asked.
"I just had to solve a fight, nothing big. How are you?"

"Fine, thanks."

"No you're not, but I assumed you were about to find out why?", C-lily asked Laurel.

"Yup. So, you were saying?"
"It's honestly nothing, you don't need to worry-"
"And that is where you're wrong", Cecily cut in. "We care because you're our best friend. So, what happened?"

+

"... and then he asked me not to paint anyone else at the altar the way I painted him. I agreed and he left - that's it."

Cecily smiled lightly while Laurel squealed. "That is adorable, I can't. But what was it that made you forgive Alicia? I know us Hufflepuffs tend to forgive and forget anything and everything, but she bullied you for the majority of your life."
C-lily nodded. "It's nothing you should just let slide."
"Don't worry, I thought about it enough. She really regrets why she did, so I chose to forgive her."

The door opened.
Alicia stepped in, as well as Malfoy, Agapi flying next to them.
She grinned. I am not sorry at all.
I am very well aware of that.