Quidditch lessons with Mr. Potter

The following weeks were rather uneventful. The teachers were giving us enough homework to hurt our hands while writing - a Hufflepuff fellow hadn't been able to move her hand due to writing about double as much as needed for each and every homework we got - and I didn't have time to finish my book from the library because Malfoy seemed to think assigning me just as much as the other teachers was funny.

Today, I had my final Quidditch lesson with Harry. Even though the first lesson had been awkward, we basically connected because our stories were somewhat similar - we were always the weirdos.

+a few weeks ago+

I was standing on an empty Quidditch field with my spirit/broom, Agapi.

"Will the blonde haired fellow be here again?", she asked.

"No, he won't."
And thank the gods he won't, he was just going to laugh at me again.

"You're Niela, right?", a voice behind me said. I turned around and saw a raven haired, green eyed guy with glasses walk towards me.

"I'm Harry." He said, and we shook hands. "What have you done so far with Malfoy?"
I told him what we did in the first lesson. Harry nodded. We started flying around the Quidditch field in circles and he explained me the basic rules of flying and Quidditch.

One week after, he said : "People always feel the need to do something strange when they see me ... but you don't. It's not like I'm complaining, I'm glad, but why?"

I shrugged. "My situation may not have been as hard as yours, but I know what it is like to be talked to strangely due to things you can't even control. It's not your fault Voldemort left the scar on you. But in the end it is your fault for being brave enough to fight against him. At least you're getting positive attention now. It may not go away ever, but I can at least try and act normal, right?"

He grinned. "Thank you, Niela."

+

I waved Harry goodbye and got back to the Hufflepuff dorms. In a few hours, I would have another lesson with Malfoy.
"Eletherya!"
I turned around and saw Professor Slughorn hurriedly striding towards me. "I'm sure you're aware of the fact that is is soon going to be Christmas. The slug club will hold a party on that day, and you, as a fellow member, are dearly invited. I will be bringing all kinds of important people, of course ... you're also allowed to take with you whoever you want. Cecily and Laurel are invited too, so please inform them."
I nodded.
"Alright, then I will get going."

He headed towards the dungeons and I entered the Hufflepuff common room.

"Niels!" Laurel stormed towards me in a hurry and now I could see the resemblance to Slughorn. The same blue eyes and the same nobbly nose. Her hair was light brown, but I was pretty sure Slughorn had had blonde hair before this grey-whiteish-small blonde strokes-beard-situation.

"Did Uncle Horace invite you to the Christmas party? Well, never mind, you can tell me later, just look at this."

She shoved me in front of the black board. I searched for whatever was exciting her so much .. exams ... even more exams ... I frowned. "Laurel, what-" she pointed at a small white sheet of paper.

•••
YULE BALL
you may attend if you are
- fourth year and above
- third year and under if invited by an older student
Formal dress robes are obligated.

The ball will be held to honor those who gave their lives, power and passion into the long way of defeating him, who shall not be named, as he is part of the past and will not terrorize the world any longer.

Please note that the ball will take place on the 22nd December, so the families have more time to spend with their children during the winter holidays.
•••

"Oh, I get it now."

"Good. Do you have a ball gown?"

I thought about the giant dress in all colours of the rainbow that my grandmother had given me. "Yup."

"Great. But you don't have an evening dress for Uncle Horace's party, do you?"

"Laurel, I-"

She covered my mouth with her hands and someone else - Cecily,I guessed - covered my eyes. "fWut are fyu doin?",I said through her hands, but she didn't answer. I wondered how she had gotten C-lily to do this with her. We bumped into a few corners and I cursed Laurel for this absolutely horrible idea of showing me it, whatever it was.

Finally,we stood still. "Open your eyes", Laurel said. Cecily took her hands off of my face and I opened my eyes to see a beautiful, violet dress in an Ancient Greek style. It seemed iridescent - it shifted to an insect green when I turned my head. How was this possible ? The fabric didn't seem like on you could make iridescent, it wasn't the right material.
"A little bit of magic", Laurel said, and pointed at the shifting colors. "I couldn't have done it otherwise."

"It's incredible", I said in awe.

Laurel grinned. "Thanks! You're going to wear it."

Me?

"Yes you, Niels, you can pull it off."

Guess I said that out loud. "What about Cecily?"

Laurel shook her brown wavy hair. "No, the dress wouldn't flatter C-lily. Imagine her blue eyes, ash blonde hair and milky white skin that has a cool undertone along this dress. Sure, she'll be stunning, but she will also look sick and not in a good way. I'd rather give it to you. C-lily already has a dress."

Cecily nodded and after a few more rather convincing arguments from Laurel, I agreed on taking the dress.

+

"Please don't give me more homework. I did fine right ? And there's the Christmas party from Slughorn, a day later the Yule ball .. come on Malfoy," I said, when he told me about my extended homework. I already had enough to do, so it was impossible for me to transfigure five spiders into five mini sliver goblets within one week.

He inspected my rat that had been a cat and then stated : "Good work. I will not give you extra homework. Just one question : who are you going to take to the ball?"

"I need a partner?" Oh no.

"Yes, you do. You, as a demigodess will have to participate in the first dance. Didn't Professor Sprout tell you?"

"I haven't seen her today ... but how do you even know?"

"I'm going there with your friend, Alicia.", he replied.

Friends.
That was probably the least fitting description of the relationship between me and Alicia.