WTGF part 1

Mabel put her head down on the car's drink holder, letting her head fall softly onto the leather cushioning. She had never wanted to move, but this time she didn't have a vote. Her mom and dad were opening a restaurant, and they needed to move to petty old Gravity Falls in Oregon to do it. Mabel sneered at even the thought of it. She had been perfectly content on staying in Piedmont, at least she had her friends there. Now she was friendless, and if that wasn't bad enough, she had become depressed. No one, not even Mabel herself knew why but it was unquestionable that she was without a dout, depressed.

Mabel sighed at the sad fact, and covered her head with her hands, feeling the pain of whatever was depressing her wash upon her again.

She hated this new agonizing feeling that is now so familiar, so full of unspoken hurt and pain.

A few hours passed by, Mabel didn't know what to do. She was just standing there in front of the new shack that was her home, The preteen was silent in the rain, and not even feeling the water that rushed down through her hair and clothes.

"It's supposed to be summer," the girl mumbled to herself.

"Mabel, Get in here! You'll catch a cold!" Mabel's mother, Carla Pines urged. Mabel thought she would probably be safer outside due to the state the so called 'house' was in, but she still reluctantly walked in the house, dragging her stuff with her into the run-down shack. Honestly, Mabel wouldn't have been surprised if it collapsed when she got in it. It seemed dainty, small and weak. Mabel wanted to melt into a puddle of goop right there. It was covered in cobwebs and dust and there were bugs everywhere. Mabel coughed as a dust bunny crept up to her. That caused Mabel's dad, Stanley pines, to over react like the over-affectionate parent he was.

"Mabel! Honey! Are you ok!" He fussed. Mabel just rolled her eyes. "Yes dad, I'm fine. Please, don't make such a big deal of me. Please?" Mabel begged him, feeling embarressed.

"Fine" Stan huffed, still glancing at her every time a dust bunny came. Mabel walked like a robot up the stairs, and into what her mom had told her was her room. It was the attic. At least she wouldn't have to deal with people. Mabel dropped her bag, took off her jacket and got to work cleaning. She dusted, vacuumed, and sorted through the boxes she had. She was glad when she was finished tidying up. It was beautiful. She had her orange blankets on her bed, chinese style lanterns for light, she even had a gray rug in the center of the room in the shape of a broken heart.

When she went down to dinner, the warm smell of cupcakes and brownies flooded Mabel's sense of smell. She inwardly groaned. This is what Carla did every time she wanted Mabel to smile. It never worked. But the thing was she WANTED to eat them, she just couldn't allow herself to. The day Mabel had gotten made fun at and yelled at and even put in detention was the day she stopped smiling. Mabel never smiled anymore. It was like the stars had stopped shining, and Mabel knew that. That's not why she did it. It was a long story, but Mabel was willing to attempt to make her mom happy. Mabel was the way she was, but deep down she actually cared about her family, and it would depress her even more if her mom went through what she was going through, and she was already slipping down that line. She had to help her. Mabel sighed, and went down to eat.

(Part Edited By AJ, or FallerFromBritain)