TMTHM part 1

Mabel wanted to scream. It was two days after her mom had told her about this crazy hick town, and she was no closer to getting ready for school, even though it was her first day tomorrow.  Her mom had offered to sort through the stuff for Mabel, but Mabel had insisted on doing it herself. So that concludes us to where Mabel was now. Frantically sorting her stuff for school. Mabel thought it was crazy to be having school in the summer, she wasn't about to say anything about it though. She didn't wanna be rude, cause gosh forbid. 

Well at least not to her parents,

Everyone else is fine.

Mabel was aware she had the whole day, but she wanted to explore some of the town later, and so she needed to get the easy sorting down already.  

                               Mabel easily packed her schoolbags, grabbed her journal and rushed out the door in a matter of thirty minutes.  She gratefully took in the fresh air as she had been cooped up in her house since last time she had opened her journal, and was happy to be outside. The girl trudged in the woods, not really caring where she went, and not wanting to go anywhere in particular.  Just a cool place to be alone. But suddenly she froze, when she heard a couple of voices booming in front of her.

                  "I'll get her! don't worry dad. She is no threat."

                  "She better not be a threat son, or I'll kill 'er myself!  Broken pine needs to go!"

           Mabel listened to the exchange in quiet shock. It was quite obvious that they were talking about her, but if they were, then  who was Broken pine? Mabel at this point was hardly daring to breath. She turned to flee, when she accidentally stepped on a twig, turned out it was one of a pine tree, typical.

      'WHO'S THERE!" a gruff voice boomed.

Mabel ran. The girl didn't care about anything but getting out of there, and out of the amulet range, assuming it was Dipper of course. She fled into her house, letting the shadows fall behind her. Shadowsas in Dipper and his dad.

             The girl panted at the side of door for a while, until sliding down it, and curling into a crying heap of flesh. Anyone would do that if their life was on the line. Mabel herself has been doing it more often than not recently.Her mom and dad found her this way. 

           "Turn your face, towards the sun, let the behind you.

       Mabel smiled at her old lullaby a little bit

    "Don't look back, just carry on, and the let the shadows fall behind you, the shadows, will never find you"

           Mabel looked up now, and smiled at her mom.  "I love you honey" Carla said, grinning from ear to ear. "I love you too mom." Mabel responded. Mabel went into her room, and lay face down in her bed, as usual for ten minutes. Unusually she felt tired, even though it was only Noon. She rolled over, about to get up, before mysteriously lying down as if she was possessed, and Mabel fell asleep. 

          The wind whipped past the girl as she stood up in a sunless clearing. She looked for her family, but they weren't there. only evil, booming, echoing laughs, and the faint outline of a triangle.

Mabel jerked up from her nightmare, scared. she breathed, and remembered her old way to clam herself down.

       "Just close your eyes, the sun is going down

You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound"