FS Part 1

Mabel got up, feeling tired still as she got out of bed. The speech yesterday had been a success, and Mabel was feeling very accomplished. Mabel crept out out of her room, smiling. Her parents yesterday had also officially opened the restaurant that they had always wanted to open. Mabel was so happy for them.

As Mabel went down the stairs, she could already see about a dozen people ordering breakfast. A feeling of warmth spread in Mabels heart. Her parents were probably so happy. At this point, Mabel didn't even care that she was gonna have to help out sometimes.

Sneaking into the kitchen, Mabel hugged them both.

"Surprise! Congrats on the diner!" Mabel yelled. Her parents laughed, and hugged her back.

"Thank you sweetie. Now, we need to run the restaurant, or as you called it, diner. So you may go up to your room, or go around town if you like. Just get out of your PJ's!" Mabel's mom chuckled.

"Ok" Mabel replied, going to her room and changing her clothes to a teal tank top with black straps, jean shorts, and boots.

Mabel was about to leave, when she remembered the journal. Quietly, Mabel picked up the dark purple book, and made the journey to the front door.

"Bye mom and dad" Mabel thought as she went out the door. She headed to town with a strange purpose. Today she knew exactly what she was going to do. She wanted to go to the library, and see if they had anything on the towns history, and she wanted to check out a book that she had found on codes.

It took a while to get there, because Mabel had to travel via foot. While she was walking, she took a little time to admire the woods, and the almost dappled sunlight that streamed through the trees. It was beautiful, in its own weird way.

Finally, a few minutes later, Mabel arrived in the town. She turned left, and went straight into the library. She went up to the desk, and was greeted with a smile by the librarian.

"Hello there, what can I do for you?" The librarian asked.

"Do you have any books on the towns history?" Mabel asked politely.

"Of course" The librarian brought out a whole stack of books.

"Thanks!" Mabel said, excitedly.

"No Problem! Anytime" the librarian replied with a smile.

Mabel brought the stack of books over to a table, and quickly calculated time. If she started reading now, she could finish reading them all a half a hour before dinner.

"Better get started then" Mabel thought wryly. She opened the first book and began reading.

"Gravity Falls was founded by Nathaniel Northwest. He found the town one day, when he insisted on taking that route to the west, claiming that it would be faster. He fell into the valley, and called it Gravity Falls" The book went on and on. Mabel sighed.

   This could take a while. Bored, Mabel allowed her eyes to travel the room, until she recognized someone. It was Dipper! And he was with his father.