|| Chapter 4 || SNAP!

Edited 03.01.23

(N/n) - nickname

"The person we need to talk to is named Purah. I haven't seen her in a while, but she's nice, so don't worry," you walk with your hands behind your back, every once in a while looking back to make sure your comrade is still following. Link silently nods along to your words even when you aren't facing him.

The atmosphere surrounding Hateno is certainly a lot livelier and more outgoing than at Kakariko. Children are running circles outside and some adults stand by the entrances of shops calling for new customers. While it isn't as quiet and laid back as Kakariko, it still seems like a friendly place to be.

You don't pay mind to the children who suddenly run in front of you or the women who whisper rumors as you both walk past their laundry station. You simply keep on the trail which leads to the tech lab built above Hateno.

Although it stands very much alone, there clearly must be inhabitants there since smoke rises into the blue sky from the building's chimney.

Rather than continue following the path, you choose to take a shortcut instead by wading through the green fields. Link doesn't complain about this nor the dew-covered grass that soaks through the new pants Impa had given him before leaving Kakariko. She had actually supplied him with a few different clothing items including the pants, a blue tunic that was the first thing to actually feel familiar to him in days, and a cloak to go with it; a far better outfit than his previous one which was torn and too small.

"Purah? You here?" You open the door to the lab slowly, peeking inside while Link waits patiently outside.

There's a crash from within before a squeaky voice - one not too far off from a child's - shouts, "(N/N)?! Come in, come in! It's been ages since you've visited!"

'Everyone seems to know who she is,' Link notes about you, following you inside after the invitation, 'But I guess she did say she travels a lot.'

The lab is a mess with scattered books and papers littering the floorboards. If the books hadn't found themselves on the floor, then they're stacked on tables and chairs which is understandable since the bookshelves across the room are packed full. This certainly does seem like the type of place where tons of research data is collected.

"There's someone I want you to meet. Purah, this is Link. Link, this is Purah, the director of this lab," you step aside, making way for a shocked girl who can't possibly be much older than six.

"Linky?! Is that really you?! Wow! You sure took your time getting back to us, huh? And here I was beginning to lose hope you'd ever wake up again!" The little girl bounces over to the teen, putting her hands on her hips with an adorable attempt at looking bad, "Well, at least you're here now...It only took a hundred years...Welcome back!"

Link, of course, only raises an eyebrow at her. Once again, she's likely someone he's supposed to know and must also be Purah like you said even though neither point makes any sense because how could someone so young be a lab director and how could someone so young possibly know a hundred year old sleeping beauty?

"He's actually lost his memory - going off of what Impa said anyways," You cut in, crossing your arms with a pitiful look towards Link, "He didn't remember her either."

Purah frowns, circling the boy without any concern to how uncomfortable she's making him, "...Ah, I see. Yes, we were afraid of that, weren't we? No one could say the exact effects that would occur inside the Shrine of Resurrection, not even a beautiful genius like myself...But I didn't think it would be too serious.

"So, you don't remember anything, Link? Anything at all? You didn't even remember Impa, eh? Well, she can be pretty boring at times, so I guess that's understandable, but to forget little old me?!" Purah stops tugging at the ends of Link's tunic to face you, "What did you guys speak to Impa about anyhow? Did she offer any advice?"