|| Chapter 31 || In the Words of the Princess

Edited 04.15.23

Today marked the first champions' meeting in which (Y/n) joined, meaning this was also the first time the others were formally introduced to her and the concept of having two champions in command of the guardians from here on out.

Some (Revali) strongly protested the idea (really only Revali) and although I'm confident having (Y/n) as a part of the team will better our chances towards overall success, I must admit I understand the concern. The sorcerer tribe has always had a...difficult relationship with the rest of Hyrule. Even father has expressed his own wariness towards trusting them with such a critical task, however I personally don't believe either Cody or (Y/n) to have ill intentions.

Cody's studious and has extraordinary knowledge regarding the history of guardians while his sister holds the most potential when it comes to awakening the relics and someday controlling them. Together, they show a clear dedication in helping Hyrule, as we all do, and by combining their individual talents, I'm sure they'll be great assets in the fight against Calamity Ganon.

I explained as much to the other champions in hopes that they would understand my logic. Urbosa, Mipha, and Daruk approved, having no objections towards (Y/n)'s membership. By the end, even Revali stubbornly caved in to the idea of a new addition. The only one who didn't give an opinion was Link, not that that's any surprise. He simply stood there in silent observation as he always does, not offering so much as a smile the entire session.

I know it doesn't matter - that his viewpoint, whatever it may be, wouldn't change my mind - yet I still can't help wondering what he thinks. Does he agree with the idea of another champion or is he perhaps too polite to argue against it? I can never tell what he's thinking and to be entirely honest, it drives me utterly insane! I swear, you could switch him with a statue as my shadow instead and I'd never notice the difference!

~~~

I can't help feeling envious towards (Y/n). I know I'm the one who asked her to be a champion and Urbosa has warned that I shouldn't be resentful, but how can I not? She's about my age and a princess of sorts when you truly think about it (being the daughter of a chief and all), yet we're nothing alike! She has it so much easier than I do!

Within only a few weeks, (Y/n) has broken out of her shell, showing off her bubbly and bold personality that everyone simply adores. She handles everything with such grace and perfection, too. Not once have I seen her lose her temper, letting every setback merely roll off her shoulders without showing a hint of discomfort.

Don't even get me started on her magical capabilities! She's a natural! I asked Cody about it once and he agreed that his sister has always been considered talented, in fact most youth in their tribe have difficulty using magic at all, but never (Y/n), as it would seem. Everything is just so...effortless for her!

It's really unfair! I've worked my entire life, praying and meditating - reading every book I can while following every instruction I'm given yet I still can't perform a single spell! How does she not struggle? What is she doing that I'm not?! Is she simply more blessed than I? Is that it?

What am I doing wrong?

~~~

I feel incredibly guilty for my last words about (Y/n). I had no idea how wrong I was about her.

This week, (Y/n) had accompanied me to the Gerudo Desert so that I may check up on Urbosa's progress and she could get guardian reports for the region. It was during this trip that I shamefully let my jealousy slip.