Chapter Two

Amy paced around the camp. It'd been hours since they heard anything from the radio. She'd been worried about her sister, Andrea, who'd volunteered to go to Atlanta. She was mumbling words to herself before she finally couldn't take it anymore. She had to talk about it.

"They're not back.." She said louder to everyone. 

Dale looked down at her with a small reassuring smile. "Give it time. Worrying won't make it better." 

"They should be back by now." Amy snapped at Dale. She didn't need the sweet talk. 

Lori hung clothes on the clothesline as she watched Shane toss a ball to Ethan, then Ethan toss the ball to Adam, then Adam toss the ball to Anthony. 

"Oh c'mon. You still haven't beaten that level?" Ethan looked over to Nick as he passed the ball.

Nick shook his head. "I'm telling you. Even Anthony couldn't beat it, let alone Adam." Nick passed the ball to Mikaela, where she quickly passed it to Shane.

"You guys are still talking about that game?" Mikaela rolled her eyes at Nick and Ethan.

"Oh hush up. They come home from school and rush to that livin' room and play that thing for hours." Shane chuckled. 

"Sounds interesting." Mikaela smiled at Shane a little.

Chance, Jim's son, walked over from the car.

"I'm on 'break'. Can I join?" Chance said as he wiped some oil and grease off of his hands.

"No." Ethan joked.

"Ethan." Lori rose an eyebrow at him.

"I know mom, it was just a joke." Ethan rolled his eyes as he caught the ball, and tossed it at Chance. 

Chance caught the ball and tossed it to Adam. Suddenly there was a radio interference as Shane caught the ball from Adam. Shane tossed the ball to Anthony as he then ran to the RV.

"Atlanta... we're trapped... department store..." The radio muffled out to say.

Amy's eyes widened. "We have to go get them."

Shane shook his head as he walked over to Amy.

"They're trapped. She's trapped. We can't do anything, Amy." Shane said as he looked at her.

"She volunteered to go.. like the rest of them.." Amy glared at Shane.

"You think I don't know that? She knew the risks, right? She's dead." Shane said, wincing an eye at her.

Amy shook her head before looking up at him. "She's my sister. You son of a bitch."

She said before storming off past everyone, into the RV. Lori sighed as she followed her, ready to care for her. Shane looked back at Adam and Anthony.

"C'mon. Let's clean the guns." He said as he walked to the tents. 

Dale sighed as he went back to the watch chair. 

Later, Shane cleaned his shotgun as Adam and Anthony both took cloths to the guns, wiping the dirt off them before he took them apart. Ethan and Nick were trying to start the fire as Lori brushed Mikaela's hair, straightening it.

"Ow!" Mikaela yelped as Lori pulled through a knot.

"Stay still." Lori said as she brushed. 

"You're brushing too hard." Mikaela growled at Lori.

"No I'm not." Lori said as Shane let out a small chuckle.

Mikaela rose an eyebrow. "Something funny?"