Chapter Seventeen (SEASON FINALE)

The group followed the strange doctor to the screen room, where Vi, a computer system resided. Jenner made his way to a computer before looking up to the screen. 

"Vi, give me a playback of TS-19." Jenner said as he looked up to the screen.

The computer repeated his words, and showed a x-ray of a body.

"Few people ever got the chance to see this." Jenner look back to the group as he pointed to the screen. 

Brittany examined the screen before looking back up at Jenner. "Is that a brain?"

Jenner nodded with a small smile. "An extraordinary one."

Taylor rolled her eyes at the so obvious question. "Not that it matters in the end.." She mumbled to herself.

"Enhanced internal view, please." Jenner said to the computer as it commanded his request. The screen zoomed into the brain, as it showed lights and pulses in the brain. 

"What are those lights?" Rick asked, putting his hand on Mikaela's shoulder.

Jenner turned to him. "It's a person's life. Experiences, memories. It's everything." He said while pointing to the screen still. "Somewhere in that organic wiring, all those ripples of light, is you."

"The thing that makes you, unique." Taylor clarified.

Everybody kept nodding. 

"They're synapses. Electric impulses in the brain that carry messages." Jenner looked around, pointing toward the screen. "They determine what a person does, says, and thinks from the moment of birth." 

"Death? That's what this is, a vigil?" Nick asked, crossing his arms. Ethan walked into the room, and stood behind Adam.

Taylor sighed, and sat on a computer desk. "Yeah." She looked at the group. "My mom died. She wanted us to record the process." She said quietly to the group, looking down.

"Vi, scan to the first event." Jenner mumbled to the screen.

The screen complied. 

"What is that?" Anthony watched as the screen became different; the brain, anyways.

Jenner sighed. "The adrenal glands hemorrage, the brain shuts down. then the major organs." Jenner looked down. "Then death."

Andrea looked down at the ground, thinking of Amy. This all happened to her. Mikaela watched Andrea's uneasiness as Shane put his hand on her shoulder.

"Everything you ever knew will be gone." Taylor said to the group.

Adam looked at Shane. "Is that what happened to Jim?"

Shane gave him a small nod. Adam nodded back and looked down, taking a step back. Andrea moved away from Shane, to a spot that had nobody else near it.

"She lost somebody a few days ago." Jacqui mumbled as she leaned against a desk.

Taylor looked at Andrea and gave her a reassuring smile. "I lost someone too. I know how hard it is."

Andrea didn't say anything as she looked at Taylor. 

"Scan to the second event." Jenner commanded.

The screen showed the brain start to glow again, shooting red beads through the vessels.

"Each resurrection time varies." Jenner said with a sigh. 

Lori stepped forward, and stared at the screen. "It.. restarts the brain?"

Taylor shook her head. "Just the stem."