Chapter Forty Five

Mikaela looked down after, trying to realize what just happened. She tried to rationalize it; she couldn't. How could Nick be there, but then just.. leave? Was her brother really still out there? She'd just seen him. The real, physical him. Was he here? Mikaela's stomach was upset after, as she felt cramps and a wave of uncomfortable feelings. She ran to the bathroom, before falling onto the toilet and vomitting whatever she had left in her stomach.

"God.." Mikaela groaned, feeling weak. She breathed heavily, before chucking up more. She grabbed the sink to help support her, as she spit out anything left in her mouth. "Ugh.. fuck.."

She took a second, before finally spitting again. She heard something move, before glancing up. A figure was blocking the doorway, and she couldn't see as her vision had gone somewhat blurred.

"Get it all out?" A familiar voice asked as Mikaela wiped her eyes.

Standing before her, Chance, her ex-boyfriend from the Atlanta camp, had been leaning in the doorway.

"Chance?" Mikaela asked softly, getting up this time. "Chance.."

"Watch out, hon." Chance said with a small smirk. "Don't wanna mess up these clothes. Hard to find in an apocalypse."

Mikaela laughed a little. "You're... okay?" She asked before looking back at the toilet. "How..?" She asked, before turning back to see Chance. He was gone. Just like Nick. And before she knew it, the same feeling came back, and she was hurling more chunks.

Michonne had scoped around more outside, before approaching a door in the wall. With her sword in hand, she took it out just in case it was a door to the outside. But she figured getting out wouldn't be that easy. She opened the door slowly, before looking on the other side.

It was an old parking lot, concrete, with bleachers on it. It looked like an old mill; the one she could see from the streets, towering over some buildings.

"Shit," Michonne said, before stepping in. This place was big.

She moved forward, before hearing a rattling. Like in a cage. She drew her sword, looking around steadily. She quickly looked around the corner, seeing a cage full of walkers. What was this? Why would they have a cage of walkers? She was confused, but ready to eliminate the enemy. She walked over to the cage, before slashing the chain off. She stepped back, hearing the walkers pour out of the cage, before swining her sword.

Slash, slash, and another slash. She smirked as she slashed every walker, getting a sweat on. The sun was heavy on her, and she had beads of sweat on her body. Soon enough, the walkers lay on the ground in minced peaces. She laughed a little to herself before wiping the sword off to make it pristine again.

She heard the door behind her open up, and a metal tin drop. She turned around, seeing one of the Governor's men standing there, confused and startled that she was there. He was carrying a tin bucket of guts for the walkers' foods, most likely, she thought. She'd been caught red handed doing whatever. She didn't care. She didn't care if she got kicked out of this place. This place meant nothing to her.

Later that night, in the cellblock, Adam, Matt, Ethan and Darrion all sat in a circle, with Delta and Skylar sitting beside each other. Brittany and Taylor had been in Lori's room, saying their prayers as the prison had been.. ominous. Lori was gone. Lori Grimes. Lori Grimes was gone. Ethan's mom. The one who had been there since the start. The one who had been a mom to Adam. The one who would pick them up from school if they were sick, because Rick or Shane were too busy working at the station. The one that would cook a home-cooked meal every Sunday because she wanted the family to stick together.