Chapter Six

Brittany had finally broken away from Mikaela. Alone time. It's what she liked best, especially now. It was just a small walk in the woods. Nobody cared about that, right? She sighed as she looked around. It was quiet. Serene. The farm she lived on had quite a bit of land, in the forest. She was glad. She had just a little bit of home near her. She smiled as she saw a small stream, probably flowing from the quarry. It was cool. The 'babbling brook'. She watched the stream's clear color eventually turn to a dark red, flowing more thickly. She looked up the ways slowly to see a walker, the first one she'd seen. It was gnawing on flesh. Rabbit flesh, as the small rabbit struggled from the walkers hands, being trapped. Eaten alive. Blood pouring from the bite wound. It made her wonder how the rabbit was still alive, but when she came back to reality, it was dead. The rabbit was bitten to death. The walker had blood dripping down it's jaw. Brittany, the curious girl she was, slowly made her way to the walker.

She'd never seen a walker before. It amazed her. She imagined the walker to be hesitant, but it wasn't. It slowly looked up at her, seeing nothing but fresh meat. Brittany stopped as she saw the walker look up. The walker dropped the rabbit corpse. It flowed down the bloody stream, creating a mind-scarring picture. Brittany took a step back as she saw the walker limp toward her. She tripped and fell into the stream, getting blood on her as the rabbit corpse washed onto her, letting blood leak over the hands that held her up. She let out a scream of bloody murder.

Ethan quickly stopped laughing before Shane poked his head out. The screams kept coming from the woods. Anthony, Chance, Adam, Nick and Ethan all ran into the woods as Shane quickly took the lead. They all raced through the woods before Anthony saw that Brittany had fallen, and the walker was almost biting her leg. Anthony quickly took the knife out of his pocket and jumped across the stream, landing near the walker as he quickly stabbed it in the head, making it fall. Everyone panted as Brittany slowly took the corpse off of her and looked at all the blood on her. Was she bit? She didn't know. She felt numb. Anthony helped her stand up.

"You okay?" He asked, looking into her eyes.

She looked up and gave a small nod. 

"The hell were you doin' out here anyway?" Shane looked around, seeing the bloody water.

She got up, and started to walk back to camp. Anthony quickly followed her, but Shane stopped him.

"Let her have some alone time. I'll take her down to the quarry, help her get washed up." Shane said with a sigh. 

Anthony gave a small nod as he looked at Ethan. Mikaela's footsteps could be heard as everyone quickly turned around.

"What's going on?" She asked as she looked at everyone.

Shane sighed before taking a step toward camp. "C'mon Mikaela, sweetie, let's go back t'camp so we can.. just stay safe." He said as he took her arm.

Anthony looked at everyone. "C'mon. Let's just go." He said as he shook his head, walking toward camp. Ethan picked up the dead rabbit, and looked at Chance. 

"You either give me your dinner tonight or I'll put this on your pillow." Ethan said, serious face and all. 

Chance gave him a disgusted look. "No, go fuck yourself!" 

Nick rolled his eyes as Adam looked at the rabbit corpse. "The walker's tooth is in the skull.." 

"That is fucking nasty." Nick said as he began to walk back to camp. Adam followed from behind before he heard a splatter noise. 

"FUCK YOU!" Chance shouted as he felt the corpse slowly fall off of him, leaving blood and water as a residue. Ethan threw the dead rabbit onto Chance's chest, as it left blood.