Chapter Thirty Four

Night had fallen, and the Woodbury crowd made their way to the arenas. The crowd's noise level was high, but walkers couldn't enter Woodbury, so they were safe. Anthony switched shifts with another man, as the Governor had requested that Anthony attend the 'surprise' in the arena. Savannah had walked with Anthony, into the arena. Inside, bleachers were being filled, as torches and such lit the large area. It was all safe though; The Governor had worked hard to preserve this as a part of Woodbury. Savannah led Anthony to the bleachers, putting her hair into a ponytail, knife in pocket. 

Adri and Lizzie made their way to their seats; Adri sat with the Samuels. Kyra and Adri sat next to Lizzie and Mika, as the anticipation grew larger. Suddenly, music had began to blast from a source unknown. Rock music; Anthony's favorite. He wished he had popcorn, but the apocalypse didn't exactly allow it. 

Jese sat with Dr. Stevens, not far from the Samuels family. The Governor sat beside Savannah and Anthony, smiling a bit as he had a large glass of whiskey in his hand. He had certainly had a few drinks.

"Hope you enjoy the show," The Governor said loudly, over the pounding music. Anthony and Savannah smiled.

Suddenly, two men had walked out into the middle. Anthony recognized them from the streets. Daryl and Merle Dixon, two brothers that'd found Woodbury. The two of them looked at the crowd, as suddenly, walkers were brought onto the staged area, but were wrapped with chains. Anthony put his hand on the gun that was in his pocket, not taking it out yet.

"They're on chains, dumbass." Savannah nudged his arm, seeing his quick reaction. 

Anthony eased up, as he focused on the two brothers. They began to fight; throwing punches at one another. 

Below, Lizzie's eyes were wide, loving that the walkers were trying to play along with the brothers. It was magical to her. She studied it, making note that walkers were just like people; they wanted to play too. And it looked like they did. Throwing their arms around, going against the restraints on the chains. It was chaotic, but Lizzie loved it.

The crowd roared and cheered as the two fought in the middle. Woodbury only had enough people for one and a half bleachers, so the crowd wasn't too loud. And certain residents didn't attend, due to their sleeping schedules and such.

"I like it," Anthony admitted, nodding his head with a smirk as he looked at Savannah.

Savannah smirked back. "Yeah.. it's pretty cool," she said, looking back to the men in the middle. "Simple enough for your dumbass brain to understand." she teased.

Anthony nudged her with his elbow, smirking back still.

On the farm, everyone had gathered in the house for dinner. The day went slow after the incident with Beckah. Everyone was shaken, and quiet. Dinner was served, and everyone ate quietly. Taylor had ended up excusing herself to go take watch, wanting to allow T-Dog to get a plate. Rick and Shane ended up coming back to the farm, Randall still in custody. They couldn't release him. Rick didn't want to, even though Shane just wanted to kill him. Randall was put in the shed, with Nick on watch. Adam sat next to Shane and Andrea at the table, as they had somewhat distanced themselves from the others. Adam felt his father was distanced. Ethan felt their was tension between Rick and Shane, too. 

Lori glanced next to her, seeing Mikaela not eating. Her peas were untouched, yams still in place.

"Mikaela," Lori spoke softly, breaking the silence. "Eat."

Mikaela pushed her plate forward, shaking her head. "No," She said before standing up, looking at her father. "Pretty stuffed on the bullshit that's been around."