Chapter Fifteen

The laughter quieted down in the kitchen as Anthony glanced at the door that Adam walked out of. He rose an eyebrow, seeing that Adam still hadn't come back yet. He sighed as he put his fork down.

"I'm gonna go check to see if Adam fell in the toilet. Dumbass probably did." Anthony said as he got up, pushing his chair in.

Shane nodded slowly as he looked up at Anthony. Lori rolled her eyes at the language, and Rick took another bite. Jacqui laughed a bit as Glenn took another sip of whiskey, straight from the bottle. Anthony walked down the stairs, and to the hallway. It was already lit up, as he was unaware that it was motion sensored. He sighed as he walked down the hall, remembering Jenner's directions that he told Adam. Third left.  He knocked on the bathroom door, and waited.

"Yo dumbass, did you fall in the toilet again?" He said, his tone dripping with sarcasm. 

No answer. He sighed as he looked down the hall, seeing it just get darker as the hall went on. The light must've gone out or something. For a building this size and of importance, Anthony thought it was barely standing, it seemed. 

"Anthony?" Adam asked, opening a door. 

Anthony jumped a bit before looking back to Adam. "Jesus Christ."

A small girl peeked out and looked at Anthony. 

"Who the fuck is that?" Anthony asked, looking  at the girl with blonde hair. She smiled a bit. 

Adam rolled his eyes. "It's Taylor."

She stepped out from behind Adam, wearing a ponytail. She had to be in eighth grade, Anthony thought. She looked at Anthony with a raised eyebrow. 

"Holy shit, you need a shower too." Taylor mumbled as she watched Anthony.

Anthony rolled his eyes. "Dad's looking for you... and who the hell are you?"

"I'm Jenner's daughter." Taylor said as she looked at Anthony. She observed the knife in his pocket, peeking out. 

Anthony nodded slowly. "Yeah."

Taylor sighed as she looked down the hall. "Don't make this more awkward than this already is."

Adam chuckled quietly as Anthony stared at Taylor. 

"I'm not."

"Fine." Taylor said, walking back to her room. "Just go back to dinner, take a shower, then you can talk to me. You smell like shit." 

"You smell like a bitch." Anthony said as he rolled his eyes again, glancing down the hall.

Taylor rose an eyebrow. "Least I don't look like one." Taylor said before shutting the door. Adam looked at Anthony and chuckled loudly.

"Ouch!" Adam said as he laughed, Anthony not looking amused.

Anthony began walking back to the kitchen. "Just come on."

Adam laughed as he walked toward the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Ethan stared at his glass as everyone talked. He was still thinking about Chance, and how he should've been more kind. Nick looked at Ethan and rose an eyebrow. 

"You okay?" Nick asked before raising the sweet glass of juice to his lips. 

Ethan nodded slowly. He didn't talk, he just sighed and stood up, pushing his plate forward. Lori glanced at him

"Ethan baby, finish it." Lori said quietly.

Ethan shook his head. "No, it's okay."

"No.. finish it, you haven't eaten a lot lately." She said as she pointed her fork to the plate.