Chapter Ten

The sun rose. The Earth was the same. Walkers, everywhere. The dead people were still dead, and more people who were alive, were joining them. The toll for the number of people that were alive had fallen once more. Though people died from bite wounds, starvation, dehydration, or just natural causes, death was death. Humans had yet to learn how to cope with it successfully. It'd always been a huge blow for people. Especially for Andrea, who'd just lost her sister. Her one connection to the old world. She stood over her body, looking into her closed eyes. Lori watched her from a distance, sitting next to Rick and Shane.

"She's a tickin' time bomb." Shane muttered to the two.

Rick nodded slowly. Lori sighed.

"Someone should go tell her." Lori said as she looked at Rick.

Rick nodded again before standing up. "I'll tell her how it is." He said before walking over to her.

Rick knelt down by Andrea's side, as he grabbed her arm. She quickly rose it, gun in hand, at his face. She gave him a deadly glare.

"I know how the safety works." Andrea mumbled to Rick, not changing her glare.

Rick took a step back, giving her a small nod. He walked back to the two with a sigh.

Shane had told Anthony, Adam, Ethan, and Nick to start digging graves for the bodies. They all complied, not wanting to refuse or put stress on anyone else. It was hot, which made everything worse. Ethan stuck his shovel into the ground.

"We shouldn't be doing this." Ethan said with sweat dripping down his face.

Anthony looked at him, eyebrow raised. "We were told to. We have to."

Nick looked at Anthony. "Doing this shit? Let's just go back. Let them handle it."

Ethan sighed as he stuck his shovel into the ground again.

"I don't think we should go back yet." Adam looked up.

Anthony nodded in agreement. "Just dig, guys." 

Chance walked up the path. He looked at everyone, feeling dizzy. He was seeing two.

"G-Guys?" Chance said, almost falling over.

Adam immediately ran over to him, thinking he was dehydrated. Something. He caught him as Nick ran to his other side. 

"Chance, what the fuck is wrong with you?" Ethan asked as he walked over.

Chance gave a slight shrug. It was small, and almost unnoticeable. Adam glanced over to Anthony.

"Get dad, and some water. We'll take him back down." Adam said, slinging Chance's arm over his shoulder. Nick helped. Anthony nodded at Adam before running down to the main camp.

Andrea looked at Amy's eyelids. She was at peace, but Andrea wasn't. Amy lay on the ground, cold, and dead. Andrea brushed her hair back, not ready to bury her yet. This was her sister. This was the person who shared memories that she had with the same people. She caressed her face, wiping some off the dired blood off. 

"Amy.." She mumbled, looking into her eyelids. Dale had already said a few words, as well as Lori. Andrea glanced up to see Mikaela walking toward her. Andrea looked up at her with a blank expression. She didn't smile, or even care to say anything before looking back down to Amy.

Mikaela knelt by her side, and sighed. Mikaela looked at Andrea's face, seeing the blood. 

"Andrea.. I'm sorry. I'm so.. so sorry.." Mikaela said, getting tears in her eyes. She moved her hand to Andrea's back, and rubbed it a bit. She wasn't sure how to comfort her. She looked up at the sky before looking down at Amy. "And I'm sure she's watching you.. right now."

There was silence. Mikaela sat on her knees and sighed. "Please come back to us." She spoke quietly, looking at the side of Andrea's face. Andrea moved her eyes to glance at Mikaela. Nothing. There was nothing there. Mikaela rubbed Andrea's back for a second before standing up and looking down at her.

"Don't go just yet." Mikaela said softly and quietly to Andrea, causing Andrea to look up at her now, her blue eyes sending beams through Mikaela. Andrea nodded slowly before looking back down at her sister as Mikaela slowly walked off.

Anthony ran down the path, looking around for Shane.

"Dad?! Dad?!" He shouted as he ran down the path. He looked around as he saw him near the tents. "Dad!"

Shane looked over, raising an eyebrow before Anthony ran over. "Chance.. there's something wrong with him. He's dizzy; can barely talk."

Shane nodded as he saw Adam and Nick bringing him down. 

"C'mon." Shane said as he began to walk over to Chance. Adam and Nick dragged him to the RV. Anthony followed him.

Chance was out of it, as he just relied on Adam and Chance to hold him up. Rick walked over as he saw the commotion. Andrea even looked up at it.

"He okay?" Rick asked, walking over.

Adam shook his head. "Not in the least.. something's wrong."

Dale looked down from watch. "Something wrong?"

Rick nodded as he looked up. "It's Chance."

"He looks pale." Shane noticed as he looked at him.

Ethan looked over Chance. He was pale. And sweaty, Ethan thought. Gross.

"Put him in the RV. There's a small bed in the back he can lie down on." Dale said as he looked at Chance.

Rick nodded as he looked at Nick and Adam. They nodded back before moving him into the RV. 

After everyone had left, Andrea finally had some peace and quiet. She caressed Amy's face as she heard a small groan come from her mouth. It was breathy. Andrea leaned in close and listened. She pulled away for a second before caressing her face once more. She looked into her eyelids before reaching to her side and grabbing the tissue paper. It was Amy's birthday. She unraveled the paper and held the necklace in her hands. She then wrapped it around Amy's neck, smiling softly at her. She knew that she would've loved it. She caressed her face once more before Amy's eyes opened. Amy's arms rose up, grabbing Andrea.

"Amy... Amy, I'm sorry. For not ever being there. I always thought there'd be more time." Andrea said softly to her as Amy began to rise. "I'm here now, Amy." 

Amy gripped Andrea's hair, pulling herself up. 

"I love you..." Andrea said as she put the gun to Amy's head, and pulled the trigger. The gunshot echoed through the quarry. Mikaela watched the scene with tears in her eyes as Ethan walked over to her and hugged her. 

"Just look away little sis." Ethan said in a whisper as he could hear Mikaela's sobs.