Chapter Thirty Six (SEASON FINALE FARM)

The porch lights were turned off, just in case Randall was still on the property. Everyone gathered in the living room, guns gathered up just in case something bad happened. There was a candle lit in the middle of everyone, to provide light for the room only. Randall would surely seek vengeance on the group, consider he was tortured and beaten. Hell, he had already scratched Nick.

Taylor and Brittany stood in the doorway, guns in hand. Beckah was up, wondering what exactly had been going on. She had been oblivious to what was going on lately, seeing her condition was bad. She was constantly tired due to depression, and had no energy.

Andrea sat next to Mikaela, wrapping an arm around her. She'd grown close with Mikaela, and as Lori had other duties to tend to, Andrea was almost like a second mother to Mikaela. Ethan and Nick, not so much. Andrea hadn't even gotten close to Adam. She knew he meant well, seeing as she knew Shane raised him strictly. 

Ethan watched outside, from the window. He didn't want to go out into the woods, knowing that Randall was armed. It was far too dangerous. Ethan was content inside, keeping a watch on the house, which seemed to prove to be the only safe haven. It was cold, and Ethan's hands were cold, and shaking. He took a deep breath, exhaling after. He shifted his eyes to Glenn and T-Dog who sat with Maggie, guns in hand. Maggie could shoot, but not well. Beth and Jimmy had no skills at all, even though Beth learned how to shoot with Patricia. She was horrible.

Inside the woods, it was quiet. Animals could be heard every now and then as everyone traveled, but it was uncommon. The leaves all crunched beneath their feet. Twigs and such would break every now and then. The hunt was harsh, as the temperature had been brutal, with the wind sweeping through the forest. The wind was cold. 

After some time, Rick looked at Shane, glancing at his gun in his hand. He then glanced at Nick, who was weapon-less. 

"Shane, let's split up and cover more ground," Rick said, trying to think strategy-wise.

Nick glanced at Rick, as Shane nodded. It was better to cover more ground, seeing as it was a large forest.

"You take Nick, and I'll go deeper. You search the outskirts," Shane nodded, looking at Rick, then to Nick.

Everyone exchanged nods. It was a smart move, Shane thought. They would be more quiet, cover more ground, and have a better chance at finding Randall.

Shane travelled through the forest, doing deeper. He knew that it was going to be a long search, but it was worth protecting his loved ones. Especially him. And with one of his sons being lost already, he knew that he needed to protect the other. Even if he was gun-trained, smarter than before, and more experienced than before, he didn't care. He still needed the protection.

Nick travelled next to Rick, crunching leaves as they walked, boots smooshing them. It was Fall, for sure. Leaves had left the trees.

"Dad," Nick said quietly, continuing to walk.

Rick took a second to respond, looking around, checking for any evidence. "What?"

Nick continued to walk. "I did you a favor,"

Rick rose an eyerbow, glancing at him after. He continued to walk, seeing a clearing ahead, in the distance. "What did you do?"

Nick was quiet for a second, before looking at his father. "I killed Randall."

Rick turned to Nick fully now, looking at him. He was shocked to hear such words. "What?"

"I knew it was a mistake. You not killing him.. it's because you're weak. You couldn't handle killing him." Nick said, continuing to walk.