Chapter Five

Rick smiled at Lori before kissing her again. Lori felt guilt. It overran her, as she just wanted to tell him the truth, but she knew it wouldn't end well. For either of them. Shane and Rick had a tight friendship, but she could see Shane almost distancing himself from Rick. 

"I'll be back. I have an idea I want to tell Shane." Rick said as she broke out of her thoughts.

Lori nodded quickly as she looked around. "Yeah.. okay." She paused as he started to walk off. "About what?"

Rick turned around. "About going back to the city. I dropped some guns. Ammunition."

Lori's eyes widened. "You just got back, Rick..." She said quietly as she walked to him.

"I know." Rick said as he began to walk toward the RV. 

Lori caught up to him. "So why are you leaving us again?"

Mikaela and Brittany walked toward the RV as they eyed Lori and Rick talking. 

"I know. I don't want to leave, but--" Rick sighed as he was cut off by Lori.

"So why are you?"

"Lori. We need those guns, and ammo." Rick gave Lori a stern look before glancing at Mikaela and Brittany.

Lori crossed her arms. "I don't care. Your family needs you. You just got back, and you want to leave again?"

Rick rose an eyebrow. "We'd be safer with the guns."

Shane overheard the conversation as he looked over, then walked over.

"Guns?" Shane asked, standing beside Rick now.

Rick nodded. "I cleared the station back home."

"How much ammo?" Shane asked as he looked 

Rick thought for a second before Lori looked at Shane. "Doesn't matter. He's not going."

Shane gave Lori a stern look. "I think we should put the group's safety before your marriage."

Rick rose an eyebrow at his words but were interrupted by Mikaela's voice.

"Dad, I don't want you to go back.. it's not safe." She said with fear in her voice.

Jim walked over and Chance did too, as they'd been working on the car. Chance had gotten back from his 'bathroom break'. 

Andrea walked over to the commotion, Amy aside her.

"If you want to go get guns, go to a Walmart. I think I saw one down by 85. It's small, but should have a gun store." Andrea crossed her arms as she spoke.

Rick paused. "We could.." Rick thought, and planned out a route in his head.

Shane looked at Anthony, Ethan and Adam walked over. "You go today, it'd be best. Supplies would still be there, because we don't know if it'll be there tomorrow." 

Carol and Ed walked over to the commotion. Carol had a large bruise on her arm, which made Brittany weary. She didn't like Ed already.

"We don't want no part in it." Ed said in a dark voice. 

Andrea rolled her eyes, and looked at Amy. "Come on. We don't have much part in this either. Let's start the laundry." 

Amy gave a quick nod before walking to the RV. Carol followed from behind. Lori looked at Shane and Rick coldly. 

"You two have families here." Lori reminded them. 

Shane looked at Anthony and Adam. "I'm well aware of that." He looked back over to Lori. "We need supplies to keep them alive."