Chapter Forty Three

Adam carried Brittany now, going through the catacombs of the prison. The food was unsavable now, as the walkers would've been there by now, if not past it. It sounded like there were a lot of walkers. Suddenly, an alarm began to go off. It echoed throughout the prison's walls, making Adam's ears hurt like hell. It scared him, too. He put Brittany down, quickly, opening a door.

Back in the cell block, Ethan kept his gun aimed at the other two prisoners that had stayed put. Ellen, Maggie, Rick, T-Dog, Taylor and Scott all got gathered up to look for Brittany and Adam before being interrupted by the alarm. The lights began to flicker on and off in the prison, too. Lori walked out of Hershel's cell, quickly alarmed.

"What the hell is going on?!" Lori asked quickly, as Rick walked into the block, having a worried look.

"Stay put. We're going to figure what this is about." Rick said, before taking out his machete from the sheath on his waist. "Take care of Hershel and make sure he stays alive and calm."

Lori quickly nodded, before going back to where Heather and Carol were. Rick walked back to the others, looking around.

"C'mon!" He shouted at them, looking around for anything useful they could bring. "We've gotta go."

Everyone quickly nodded, moving out, as Ethan stayed put with his gun on the two prisoners.

The Governor drove the car, white fabric in his hand. They finally found a lead on the National Guard, and Philip wasn't going to let it go to waste. In a field, a truck filled with supplies; MRE's, guns, ammuntion, and water. Soldiers surrounded it, some resting. The flight that had gone down earlier in the week was theirs. A failed mission.

Philip drove the car, a Toyata, to the field waving the white fabric out the window as the soldiers armed themselves, before the car stopped.

"Hey! Don't shoot!" Philip shouted, before getting out. "Don't shoot. Was that your copter that went down by the intersection? I'm assuming it was."

The leader of the group stepped forward. "Yeah. Lost a few good men. Couldn't find some bodies, either."

Philip nodded. "We found some people. They're back at our small settlement, so if you want, follow me."

The leader smiled. He turned around, looking at his crew. "Did you hear that?" He said as everyone looked at him. "They found Wells!"

"We didn't find anyone, but we found you." Philip said before pulling out his gun and shooting the leader.

Anthony, in the bushes, began to fire his rifle at the crew, as Shumpert, Martinez, Jese, and Savannah, along with a few others, all fired theirs too. Soon enough, the whole crew was dead. Though, there was one that got away with a shot to the arm. He ran off toward the field, before Anthony stood up, quickly shooting him in the head.

"That's all of them." Anthony said, shouting over to the Governor.

Philip nodded. "Alright. Let's wrap this up." He said with a sigh, before walking over to Anthony as the others began to load the supplies from one truck, to another. They would be taking the military trucks, of course.

Philip put his hand on Anthony's shoulder. "Good work. Let's get out of here before the roamers come in. Spoil the day."

Anthony nodded. "Alright. How did breakfast with Andrea go?"

Philip smiled a bit. "It went well. They were out there for quite some time." He said before looking down. "I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Your brother, if he's still out there.."

Anthony nodded. "I know. I don't know if he'd make it." Anthony admitted, sighing. "I don't want to look. I don't care if he made it."

Philip nodded again. "Alright. Get Shumpert to drive that truck back."