Chapter 12:

Hanna's POV:

Dinner-

"So you and Niall are back as a thing?" Jason asked me.

"No. Definitely not. We just, decided to have contact now." He laughed a little and she smiled. Connor looked at me.

"Are you sure? You guys seemed to really be getting it on." I slapped his chest.

"Shutup. No we weren't."

"It's okay to admit Hanna." Jason said, smirking.

"You guys are wrong." I stood up and put my plate in the sink, Connor followed. I picked up my keys.

"We're leaving. Bye." I said, opening the door.

"Be home by 11."

"I know Jason." I got into my car, Connor in the passenger seat.

"I know where Niall's staying if you want me to take you?" He said.

"You do? I mean- no, it's okay." He looked at me.

"Hanna."

"No. I don't want to go there. We're not together."

"You're practically together."

"No. We're not. We can't be together Connor. We're not together. We won't be together, for a long time Connor so just drop it." I turned towards the road were a huge truck was coming towards us. All I heard was Connor yelling and a huge crash before I blacked out.

NIALL's POV:

I ran into the hospital doors. I didn't care if people figured out what was going on, I didn't care about any of it. I needed to see her, make sure she was okay.

"Name?" The woman at the counter said.

"Niall Horan. I'm here to see Hanna Tamson. She's in ICU." She typed something into the computer. I jittered while she typed.

"Room 203." I pushed open the door and walked down the hallway.

197

198

199

200

201

202

203.

I took a deep breath and slid the door open. Jason and Connor sat on the chairs in her room.

"What happened?" I asked. Connor looked up at me.

"We were driving and-"

"Wait you were there?"

"Yeah. We were at a red light, a truck hit us. Hard."

"How are you okay?"

"I saw the truck before she did. I jumped out."

"You saved your fucking self?! And left her in there?!" I said, getting closer to him.

"What was I supposed to do?!" He stood.

"Save her? Warn her? Do SOMETHING."

"Niall please calm down." Jason said. I took a deep breath.

"I'll deal with you later." I didn't even know what to do at this point. How could someone do that? Be so selfish as to leave someone else in a car that was bound to be destroyed. I turned my head to the hospital bed. She laid there. Her face swollen and bruised, her ribs wrapped and leg casted. She was hooked up to all sorts of wires.

"What's wrong with her?" I whispered.

"Maybe if you were actually here for her you would know." Connor said.

"If I was here for her? What do you expect me to do? I'm not supposed to be with her. Hell, I'm not even supposed to be here now! I got here. As soon as I could Connor. As soon as she wakes up and sees me standing here, she's going to have an anxiety or panic attack. But I came Connor. Just to see that she's okay. And is going to be okay. Then I'll leave before she wakes up but that's fine.Because I can't live without her. So shut the damn hell up about it. I've tried to be here for her. She's the one who left me. I have been trying. For months. To keep her here. Because all it's been for me since I met her is just trying to make her okay. There aren't enough words in the world to describe how much I love her Connor. So please, leave me alone and just answer the damn question."

"She has a concussion, 3 broken ribs and a fractured femur. It's a huge miracle she's even alive with so little injury." Jason said. I looked at him.

"Thank you." She started to rustle in her sleep.

"I should probably go before she wakes up." I turned towards the door.

"No. Stay. Really."

"She'll have an anxiety attack if she sees me here."

"No she won't. She loves you. Besides, she's all drugged up." Connor said.

"Yes she will. As soon as I walked into the house earlier she had an anxiety attack."

"Then I'll ask. Go in the hallway. Really Niall. She talks about you tons."

"Re-" she started to wake up so I went into the hallway and slouched down. The same sentence kept repeating in my head.

You're lucky she's even alive.

What if she wasn't lucky? What if she was gone? Just like that? I felt tears roll down my cheeks.

I heard her speak,

"Is Niall here?"

"No honey. He didn't want to freak you out."

"Well I changed my mind, when I get out of I here, I do want you to take me to his hotel okay?" I heard Connor chuckle a little and say okay. "I miss him a lot, Connor."

"I know. Do you want me to call him?"

"No. He's busy. He won't come anyway." I could tell she was a little out of it. I stood up and waved goodbye to Jason as I left.