Chapter 17:

HANNA's POV:

GRADUATION:

I hadn't seen, or even spoken to Niall in almost 4 months. I wasn't sure what happened. There were rumors he was dating a few girls but I wasn't sure. He continued to talk to me for a few weeks then one day, the texts got shorter, the calls less often and then one day it just kind of...

Stopped.

Now, it was graduation, while I knew Harry and Liam were coming, I was almost hoping Niall wouldn't. At first I missed him. Then one day I took off the ring and it was over. It suddenly felt over. I still cried sometimes, but it was almost like I didn't even care anymore.

I fidgeted in my seat, and started listening to the class president speak. I scanned the crowd and looked at Jason. Melany was slowly wiping tears from her face, which was normal for her. Then Marge, leaning on Jason's thigh, tired. Kacie, grinning big, holding Harry's hand. Then Liam, smiling, listening intently. And that's when my eyes hit the blond kid, with spiked up hair and a program in his hand, staring at the wall directly in front of him, blankly. He had no expression. Nothing.

My heart sunk. Why did he come?

I picked up Marge, grinning.

"Hi Margie!"

"Hanna!" Jason embraced me into a hug and took Marge from me. Melany just beamed at me as she hugged me. Liam's hug was strong, and his shoulder smelled like Niall. Harry quickly hugged me. They all congratulated me happily. Jason and Melany told me they would meet me at the house later.

"Con-congratulations, Hanna." Niall stammered, trying to smile asJason and Melany walked away, leaving only me, Harry, Liam and himself.

"Why are you even here?" I said. The whole group got quiet.

"I just. I-" he didn't finish. He just walked away sadly, his head bowed down to the ground.

"Seriously Hanna?" Harry asked.

"Yes. What the hell was I supposed to say?"

"I missed you? I love you? The normal boyfriend/girlfriend thing?!"

"We're not dating, Harry." Liam turned his head to me, shocked.

"What?"

"At least I'm assuming. He hasn't talked to me in 4 months. He ignores all my texts and calls. Everything." Liam wrapped me into a hug.

"I'm sorry. I-" I shrugged.

"Whatever. Thank you for coming, really." They smiled.

"We're taking you for dinner tonight." Harry smiled. I smiled back. They took my arm.

"Why did Niall come? He really didn't tell you?"

"Of course he told us Hanna! He's not stupid. He came because he's in love with you." I rolled my eyes.

"You're an idiot."

"No. I'm not." That's when I realized how pissed off I was. At Niall. He left me for 4 months with absolutely nothing.

"Let's stop talking about Niall."

We pulled into my favorite restaurant, Jenson's. I beamed.

"How'd you-" but I stopped when I realized I knew the answer.

They sat us at a booth near the back, and handed us menus. I sat next to Liam while Harry was across from us. With Niall. He kept looking at me, but I ignored him, with all my heart I ignored him. It was possibly the most awkward thing I've ever experienced. Liam and Harry started a conversation and Niall scanned the menu, multiple times may I add.