Archive Log: 07

The city, a scrawling vast space with sky high buildings and clear windows which reflected the sun perfectly. Everything seemed so ideal, well, in a way. Already David could sense that there were parts which weren't as nice looking. He looked out of the window at the hologram advertisement boards, they showed anything from food to other products. It was all an overload, there was so much information to take in and David found that his mind was reeling.

It was amazing really, to see how people coped with new problems which appeared for them; new problems like overcrowding, it seemed people started building upwards, more so than what they had already to combat and use space wisely. Another was weather, already David had spotted selectively placed transmitters which clearly dealt with the weather, and the pollution which came from so many people being crammed into a place such as this.

It was odd to think that so many people were in this city. Yet there was. His head tilted as they turned into a long drive which led to a large, white building. How it was so clean and pristine, David didn't know. Every other building was dark, he didn't know if this was the material it was made with, or the pollution and weather worn after years of abuse.

The Weyland building seemed to be an odd shining symbol of power, amongst otherwise miserable surroundings. He looked to Weyland as he got out of the car, he just glanced at David, and he got the hint and followed after him. He walked up the stairs, looking up at the large building before him. The windows were large, and they seemed to glitter in the sun, the white of the building almost burned his eyes because it reflected the sun so well and so much. The automatic doors led to a sparse reception area, white marble flooring and white walls. It was all so clinical, David couldn't help but be reminded of the home he had just come from. Was everywhere in this place, or in this man's life, so void of colour?

David paused, he wished to explore what little there was in this large room only to watch a very familiar face walk past, "David." Hearing his name, he turned and looked to Weyland, he was unaffected by the effect seeing a fellow synthetic just had on David, let alone one with the same facial features as himself. He knew, he had said as such to Minerva, he was a line. But he didn't seem to differ from the one he just passed. It felt a lot different in real life, even more so when that one didn't even glance his way.

He was reminded that he was different. Himself and Minerva were different, special even. The first to truly acknowledge human emotions and process them, understand them and show an impression of them. But he didn't believe that the others before him would show anything. There seemed to be nothing on this other David's face. And for that, David felt saddened. He had felt so much in the short space of time that he had been alive, to go through his life and not feel anything hurt.

The floor which they soon arrived on after a short elevator trip, was vast. Long stretching with frosted windows, doors which led to office spaces David presumed. Some doors even had small name plaques beside them. He glanced over the names as he walked past, most seemed to have their occupation underneath. Chief designer, engineer, officer manager, public relations, right at the very end was an office which didn't have a plaque. That piqued his interest, he tilted his head and looked at Weyland.

He in return just pushed the button at the side, the door slid quietly open. A large desk, a computer, paper and files present were in front of a woman, she sat behind the desk in a large chair, making her seem all the more important. She didn't even look up when they entered. Her manicured fingers continued to type away at the keyboard in front of her, blue eyes flicking over whatever was being written on the screen. Her blonde hair was tied up and off of her neck, the dark grey uniform she wore seemed to be the only real block colour in the room to oppose the white. Even the desk and chair were of a white colour, the chair more so, the desk was glass looking in nature.