Archive Log: 58

And mourn she did, for days David held Minerva as she wept. Sometimes she would still completely, and he would grow concerned only to see her staring off into space. She shifted between laying and sitting. At times she would use David's lap as a pillow, her hands clutching onto his suit; or sitting, wrapped up in his arms as he held her tightly to himself. Either way, she continued to cry.

David couldn't help but frown softly, this grief seemed a lot deeper than just the passing of the white creature. This seemed like something much more. A deep rooted grief which was seemingly only just coming to the surface. The creature seemed to be a catalyst, and David honestly didn't know how to really help her. He stayed vigilant, he spoke to her quietly, reassuringly, and he held her. All throughout he held her, not letting her go. Because right now, being alone, or feeling alone would make her feel ten times worse.

Leaning back in the alcove, David just stared up at the tawny brickwork above, Minerva was having one of those moments where his lap was being used as a pillow. He trailed his hands gently through her hair as she sniffled quietly against him. She wasn't crying for the moment, peace had enveloped them and it was horrible to say, but David was thankful of it. There was only so much crying and sobbing one could deal with before it became too much. He frowned in thought, she wasn't just crying because she had lost a companion; though yes, it was yet another that she had outlived, so David did understand. But it was definitely something more, and the more he thought about it, the more he came to the realisation that this was probably a whole lot of grief and misery that had been getting bottled up since they got here.

Did she properly mourn the loss of her family? David couldn't even remember, if not, then this contributed. Weyland was the last person to give her a companion, David, and he had gone. Now David was the last person to give her a companion, and who knows, maybe Minerva thought he was going to go too? David had zero intentions of going anywhere mind, but she had lost so much, in the way of family and temporary friends. He hadn't. Other than the few creatures he made that didn't last, he didn't know what it truly meant to grieve over someone that had been so close.

He supposed in some way he grieved over her going missing. But that was different, in a way. Maybe it wasn't, seems she had shut herself down, died. David looked down at the blonde laying in his lap. His hands stilled on top of her head, and the resulting pausing caused a sniffle to come from her. Minerva's face slowly peeked up at him, David just frowned softly still. "You know I'm not leaving you, don't you?" He asked quietly, neither of them had spoken. Her mourning had been going on for days, and throughout that, neither said a word. Minerva nodded her head slowly and laid back down, David resumed stroking her hair. He felt her still, listened as the sniffling ceased and he smiled slowly, reassurance did a lot. He still stuck by his previous thoughts, all of this was an accumulation of many different aspects of life, and loss. It just happened to appear now, properly mourning her father, sister, how they came to be here, maybe even Elizabeth, the creature, David didn't know if the Engineers were in there too, but whatever.

"I wish I could fully sleep." Minerva's voice spoke up for the first time in so long. David looked back down at her, his fingers threading her hair around his digits. "I feel like I need to."

David sighed slowly, "I'm not shutting you down." He thought this was what she was hinting at. He watched as she sat herself up, she tucked her legs underneath herself and pushed hair over her shoulder. She sniffed one last time before her eyes looked hazily around the room, eventually she looked at him. "This feeling will pass, Minnie."

"I am sorry, David." He looked confused, she sighed and looked at her hands in her lap. "I have pulled you from your work."

David leaned away from the wall, he reached up and placed his hand against her cheek. He smiled slowly at her, "Work does not compare or compete with making sure you are okay." Yes, that wasn't always the way, but it was now. Minerva just looked at him with a sad expression, David stroked her cheek. "Shall we leave this room?" She tilted her head, "Leave and go for a walk, it may make you feel better."