Archive Log: 27

"All is well, sir. The voyage is going smoothly, no problems thus far. Likewise, there has been no casualties. Yes, yes, sir. All is developing as it should." David said while sitting and talking to the unconscious man in the chamber in front of him. Every so often Weyland would have something to say, and David would reply promptly. He tilted his head, the yellow visor over his eyes making the darkened room glow slightly. There was low lighting in the room where Weyland was stashed away, but for the most part; lighting was lost on David. He could see either way, and really, it saved the ships power. It didn't need to light every room he came into or stayed in, especially seems he spent most time in the main living space watching films, or sitting in the kitchen continuing to unravel the thesis which was presented to him.

He sat on the stool in silence, putting his hands on the side of the chamber he pushed, pushed and turned. Twirling in a circle, David breathed out a sigh. "Minerva continues to remain stable. It seems that a machine cannot interfere with another machine. Also, progress could be made for future endeavours; the act of manually shutting her down, or anyone down could be avoided." David said while drumming his fingers against the chamber. He was bored. He actually would love to say he'd lost count of the days now, but he hadn't. It was only day forty, day forty of a journey which had been estimated to take two years or so.

"No one witnessed this, I take it?"

David resisted scoffing. "No, sir. She was the last to go to sleep." He looked over the vitals which registered up. Weyland seemed stable, for a man which had severely bad health. David's mouth pressed into a thin line, if there was to be any loss of life, David was going to guess it would be the old man's that went. But then again...so much money had been thrown into this, not just the ship, the crew, all of this and that; but also to keep him alive long enough to get to their destination. He opened his mouth, only to shut it. Weyland wouldn't care to know that he misses her. He'd probably scoff, and unlike David, he wouldn't be able to resist doing so. He had tried to keep them apart, when he took him to work and kept Minerva elsewhere, it didn't work. Look what happened, unhappiness and rebellion.

He could just about see his hands through the glare of the visor, he stared at his palms before curling his fingers. Unclenching his hands again, David sighed. A part of him felt missing. He was so used to having someone around, Minerva around that without her...he didn't like it. They weren't meant to part ways. Even though she was in the same space, she was far away from him. He couldn't contact her like he could with Weyland, or anyone else if he wished. All he could do, and had done so far, was sit beside her. He'd rest his arms against the glass and lean his head against them, he'd practically slouch over and look down into the chamber at his counterpart. He talked to her, he could admit to that. He could formulate what she'd say in return sometimes. But for the most part he leaned and looked. It was funny to him, he didn't quite know what the feeling of loss was, until now. He didn't like it. He disliked it, a lot. It was torture to see her and not hear her, or be able to feel her close.

"Are your lessons coming along, David?" He blinked, hearing the old man's voice pipe up again. He had been lost in his own head, hearing how impatient Weyland's tone was, David presumed he had been trying to talk to him for a bit.

"They're coming along," David replied, he heard a sigh in return. He smirked, not the answer he was hoping for evidently. His lessons were boring, well, they were interesting but reading and then rereading the same breakdowns of different languages, and some a merger of many, was tedious after a while. He liked learning, it kept him occupied, it was part of his programming after all; to learn, and then adapt to a situation from what he's accumulated. "I should let you rest, sir. Long periods of talking could cause stress." As if the man needed any unneeded stress, David slipped the visor off, if anything unwarranted stress would probably do the man in.