Chapter 4

Chapter 4
I sat in the back of the truck in a certain way; I sat so I could see the stars in the clear night sky. It was a beautiful night. The third quarter moon was up, and there was little stars in the sky, but if you looked carefully you could see some of the constellations. I could see Leo the Lion in the sky with the bright northern star shining in the night sky. I didn't want to move, but I kind of was already moving. The vehicle was changing my perspective of the night sky as it turned and changed direction. It was kind of cool! You're looking at the night sky, but there's not many stars there; hardly any at all. But the view then shifts and you either see more or less stars; depending on where you are. But in a big city like this; there aren't that many stars. I lost where Leo was, but it wasn't too long before I found the northern star again. That star was so pretty and so bright. It twinkled in my eyes. The car then stopped and the engine was turned off. I looked over to see that we've made it back to Drew's house. William and all the others opened their car doors and hopped out of the car. William walked to the back of his truck. I just sat there in silence for a while. "I'll take your bike for you," he broke the silence. "What? No thanks, I've got it," I said. "Jennifer, let him help you. There's no way you could possibly carry that big bike on your own; unless you're Hercules," Drew said. 'Oh okay, alright,' I rolled my eyes. James came to help too. I bought my bike closer to the back so William and James could lift the bike out of the back of the truck. "Well, ladies first," James said. I just stared at him; giving him the eye.
"Woah, look at the time; it's late! I'm sure my mom is freaking out right now."
"Go on, and tell her that we're all okay and that we found Jennifer." Drew came inside the house. William and James lifted the bike out of the back of the truck, and I just hopped out of the back of the truck. William held out his hand for me to grab onto to help me down from his truck, but I ignored him.
"No thank you?"
"Thank you for helping out with the bike," was all I said.
I took the bike out of his hands and I walked to the side of the house. I kind of gave him the evil eyes behind his back, and he watched me walk around him with a 'huh,' face. William then put his arms up in a motion; 'I don't know.' "Eh, I'd give her some time," James answered William. We came inside, and I immediately was introduced by Mrs. Payne.
"Where have you been? Why didn't you have dinner with us? We had a plate waiting just for you at the table. What were you doing?"
"I just have an allergy and I don't feel comfortable being at other people's houses other than relatives, friends and other family members houses."
"Why, aren't we your other families?"
I opened my mouth but nothing came out.
"Mom, just be thankful that she's at least safe."
"You know, you're right Drew. You're absolutely right. Please, feel free to make yourself right at home!"
"Thank you very much."
I quickly walked away and I ran upstairs with my Subway bag. I ran up to the door on the left like last time. No one was up there, so I thought that I picked a good spot. I sat down at the chair and I placed the Subway on the desk. I took a bite out of my sub, and I then started chomping away. The door opened a few minutes later, and it was Jonathan; Drew's brother. I just paused and looked at him like; 'Oh, is this your room? Oh, well, I'm sorry. I'll move in just a second.'
"Jonathan don't go in there. If Jennifer wants to sleep in here; she can. Sleep elsewhere."
"No Drew, this is your house, and therefore I must move."
"No Jennifer, don't worry about it. If you want to sleep there for the season you can. Don't worry about it. Jonathan, you can go to the guest room next to mom's room."
"Okay, no problem," he said and then he walked away.
I kind of felt bad, but I closed the door again. Then a few minutes later I heard William's voice ask; "Is anyone in this room?" He was referring to the door on the left; the room I was currently in.
"William, there's a second door to the right."
"Why, is anyone in this room?"
He knocked on the door.
"I'm eating," was all I could say with a mouth full of food.
I know that it's rude to talk with your mouth full, but I kind of didn't have much of a choice because I would get walked in on again. William then tried to open the door. I thought it would be fun to keep him from coming in, so I grabbed the door handle and I pulled it closed. William quickly removed his hand from the door handle.
"I think this house is haunted. Either that or someone IS in this room."
"William, go to the other room. Jennifer is in there," Drew said. I couldn't help but to laugh. I let go of the door handle, and I was busting out laughing so hard I fell on to the bed in the room. William opened the door.
"Jennifer? Was that you?"
"Yes," I said while laughing. William then smiled a little. "Goodnight Jennifer," Drew said.
"Goodnight ya'll." I said.
After finishing my sub, I threw out the paper, and I returned to the room. I then set the alarm real early and I went to bed.