Chapter 10

Chapter 10
The alarm went off at 4:30 in the morning. I wanted to bike to school without my section, but the school was just so close. I came downstairs and out to the kitchen. I was trying to be as quiet as I could be for I didn't want to wake up anyone. I sneaked to the refrigerator to see what they had available for me to eat. 'Milk, eggs, some blueberries, yogurt, sausages, bread,' I thought to myself. It looked like the only thing I could have for breakfast was to cook myself some scrambled eggs. Or boiled eggs because I really don't like scrambled eggs. At least the way that I or my dad cooks them. 'I can't cook. Although, if I cooked scrambled eggs for my section before I leave I'm sure they would appreciate it,' I thought to myself. I grabbed the eggs and a cooking pan. I put the pan on the stove and I cracked the shells of the eggs in the pan. I then put the cooking pan on one of the stove tops and I turned the stove on. 'Let's see, what brand is the bread,' I asked myself as I checked the refrigerator again. I grabbed the bread loaf to see the bag. 'It's not a Publix brand. I won't trust it; it's probably got dairy products in it.' I put the loaf of bread away back in the refrigerator. 'What about the sausages?' I looked in the fridge  again and I checked the sausages. The sausages were also another brand name that I never heard of before, but I still checked the ingredients list. 'Dairy products are in here,' I thought as I read 'Milk Fat,' on the list. I put the sausages back where I found them in the fridge. 'Let's see, what else can I add to the eggs?' I looked in the fresh veggies section of the refrigerator, and I found plenty of vegetables that I could add to it to make it more flavorful to my tastebuds. I quickly added the vegetables which were; onions, green and red peppers, and some potatoes. I checked the small snack 'Quick Space' section of the refrigerator, and I found ham. I decided to add some ham after cutting it into small cubes. 'Maybe this place isn't so bad after all,' I thought to myself. I wanted to cook the section something that I think they might like. I know for a fact that not many people like onions. I'm probably the only one who I know who loves onions. I decided to get another cooking pan, and I grabbed some more eggs to scramble, but this time I'm going to put some cheese and maybe a little bit of blueberries. 'Hopefully, they'd like it,' I thought.
After I cooked both my section's and my own scrambled eggs, I heard footsteps. 'Someone's coming! And I didn't have quite enough time to write a small note for my section.' I quickly grabbed a sticky note, and a pen. I wrote;
'To my section,
I really hope that you guys like these scrambled eggs that I cooked just for you guys. I'm really sorry for the fist fight I caused with Stephen last night. I rode off to school earlier this morning because I wanted to; I have nothing personal between any of you guys.
Sincerely,
Jennifer'
I sped ate my food, and I quickly ran to the nearest bathroom before anyone came downstairs and saw me. I heard Drew's voice first, and then Brandon's voice. But then I thought heard a third set of footsteps with them. I quietly and quickly brushed my teeth and hair, but I stayed in the bathroom this time. I didn't want to get caught by my own section. I checked the time; it was 5:30 in the morning. 'What's Brandon and Drew doing up this early,' I asked myself. I looked through the small crack of the door of the bathroom. I watched as I saw Drew, Brandon and William walk downstairs in their PJ's. I kind of wanted to look away, but it didn't bother me at all. I mean they're dressed in just PJ's; what's wrong with that? William seemed to spot me. I mean, it looked as if he was trying to see through the small crack of the door to the bathroom. It was like he was trying to see me because he thought he saw me. I back up slowly in the bathroom. I then heard Drew's voice again; he was reading my note out loud!
"Where is Jennifer by the way?"
  "It says right here; I rode off to school earlier this morning."
"Or maybe Jennifer didn't get the chance to leave yet," William said.
  "What do you mean, it says right here that she rode her bike..." William kind of cut him off. He just pointed to the closed bathroom door, as Drew's voice trailed off at the last second. "Jennifer? Are you in there?" I backed up. 'In the shower!' I pulled the curtains back and I hopped in the tub. I then pulled the curtains back where they were. The door opened. "Jennifer?"
"This is weird. Can we go back to the breakfast table please?"
"I thought I saw Jennifer, and I know my eyes don't play tricks on me. I know she's in here!"
"Okay smart one! Just remember, you're the one driving and taking everyone else to school."
  Drew and Brandon left the bathroom, but William stayed. He sneaked up on to the pulled curtains on the tub. He reached out his hand, and I said; "Please, don't pull the curtains back!"
  "Why are you still here then?"
  "I heard footsteps, and I didn't want to get caught being up this early in the morning."
  "Well then, why didn't you leave already?"
  "I just finished eating breakfast. By the way, why are you guys up this early?"
"Stephen and James are still asleep, but we're up because apparently I'm taking Drew and Brandon to school."
"What do you mean by apparently?"
"Apparently, they want me to drive them to school."
"And there's a problem with that?"
William opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. "Look, could you please distract them or something to get them out of my way so I could bike to school?"
  "Sure."
William left the bathroom and he joined Brandon and Drew. "Can we go upstairs, I have to talk to you guys."
"You can talk to us down here."
"I'd feel better talking about it upstairs."
  "Why? What difference would it make?"
"No, it's fine, if he wants to go upstairs we can go upstairs." Brandon then lead Drew and William back upstairs. 'The coast is clear yet again!' I walked out and around the house. I took my bike, and off I went to school.