Chapter 29

Chapter 29
After school, we had rehearsal. "First competition in two weeks," Mr.Harris shouted on the practice field. We all were in rows in a block and we were about to do the Hindu exercise. The brass were up in the front, woodwinds in the middle of the block, and the drumline was in the back of the block. The guard members were in a group all to themselves rehearsing with Becky; the new guard instructor. William was in the front row, and I was in the line next to him in the second row. Katherine was behind Ryan who just happened to be next to me.
After the Hindu exercise, we were still in the same block. We just were doing marching basics. Forward, backwards, and sliding. We marched a box in the practice field. "What's the exercise," Erin asked. "8 forward, 8 left, 8 backwards, 8 right, 8 forward again, place close," a majority of the band shouted.
Then we went to our first set. "Yes, finally, we learn my personal favorite; sets," I said. 'Four steps behind hash, one point five steps inside the 45,' I read off of my dot sheet. I was in front of Ryan, across from Brandon, but behind Stephen. Stephen was next to William. Drew was next to Brandon. I felt red hot. "Jennifer, are you okay," a familiar voice asked. I started to feel like I was blacking out a little bit, and I was sweating like crazy. I leaned to the left.
"Jennifer?"
  "Jennifer, wake up," a voice raised in both concern and in volume. I felt the force of gravity pull up towards me.