Chapter 31

Chapter 31
I woke up in a bright environment.
"Jennifer, are you okay?"
"Uhh.... Where am I," I asked tiredly.
"In an ambulance," William said.
"What? What happened?"
"You passed out," he answered.
"When and where?"
"At rehearsal. You really scared all of us," he said.
"Sorry. I just didn't feel too good."
"Well then, why didn't you sit out," he asked with concern.
"I didn't want to! I wanted to stay out there!"
"Well, you pushed yourself too hard," he said.
"When do I not push myself too hard?"
William just stood there staring back at me with a look on his face that read; "are you crazy?"
"Uh, don't answer that question then. What's the big deal?"
"Whenever you don't feel so hot; you should get in the shade with your water jug and sit out for a bit. At least until you feel a little better," William said sincerely.
"You passed out! I was there; everyone was. I saw what happened; I filled you in on what happened. Why do you not believe me," he asked bluntly.
"I don't know. I'm just wondering how and why it all happened."
"Jennifer, tell me everything! Everything that you can remember before passing out."
"I remember I started feeling a little hot; hotter than usual. I also felt like I was sweating a lot more and faster too. I then felt as if my throat was as dry as a desert. But how could that be? That was right after a water break. Wasn't it," I asked.
"Na-huh," William said as he shook his head.
"The last time we had a water break was before the Hindu exercise," he added.
"Well then, how come my throat become dry really fast?"
"We were in an warm environment with a lot of humility. It's easy to get thirsty. Especially, in warm weather."
"Jennifer will you promise me something," he added.
"What is it?"
"That you'll sit out when you're not feeling too good. And that you make sure you drink enough water during water breaks."
"Okay."
"Do you give me your word," William asked.
I hesitated for a few minutes before opening my mouth to say; "My word!"
"As long as you do a favor for me," I added.
"What?"
"You give me support."
"Support? As in," he asked warily.
"Emotional and mental support."
"Oh, I don't know!"
"Come on! You got to believe in yourself!"
"I don't know," he said concern could be heard in his voice. "Can you at least try?"
"I can try," he said.
"Good! Hey, why isn't there anyone else in the ambulance?"
"We told the driver to stay here and just keep the engine running so that you can get some ac," he said.
"So I'm technically still at the school? In the bus parking lot? Or did you ask him/her to move because of rehearsal?"
"I asked him to move. Mr. Smith said otherwise because it started to get hotter, and he suggested that we stayed in the bus parking lot because he was going to send everyone inside anyways," William said.
"So how come you're here and not at rehearsal?"
"I asked Mr. Smith if I could stay with you to make sure you're okay so when you'd wake up; I'd take you back to rehearsal," he said bluntly.
"And here you are. You seem to be okay now. You're not hot or anything are you?"
"What you talking about? Of course I'm hot," I said jokingly. I put the widest grin on my face and I was just smiling the whole time.
"Seriously," William asked with a straight face on. It kind of looked as if he was miserable; like he didn't get the somewhat dirty joke I said. He crossed his arms. I couldn't help but laugh. "What is so funny? Stop laughing!"
"It's just... Your face," I said through laughing.
"You should see YOUR face!"
"Burn," I said with a smile.
"So are you ready to go back to rehearsal?"
"You bet I am," I said with confidence