Chapter 23

Chapter 23
Nick played on his sousaphone a very well known tune from Disney's Fantasia. Nick played;
'Dut, Dut-did, da. Dut, dut-did, da. Dut, dut-did da.' Nick started to emphasize the down beats just the way that they were played in the movie. 'DUT, dut-did, DUT-Da. DUT, dut-did, DUT-Da.' Jared smiled a little bit. "How do you play that," he asked. Nick stopped playing and laughed.
"It's just really fun to play, and I'm sorry but I just had to," Nick said.
"That's okay because I want to learn that tune!"
"Alright, it's C, G, D, A. Then repeat, and that's all the notes. Next is just the rhythm," Nick said.
Jared tried playing a C. Nick held out a C. Nick then played a G. Jared played a G. Nick played a D. Jared played a D. Nick played an A. Jared played an A. Jared followed every note Nick played. Nick then played the right notes and right rhythms in a slower pace. Jared played all the notes and the rhythms at the same time Nick did. Nick then tried speeding up the tempo by a small bit. Jared was able to keep up a little bit; he was dragging a little bit.
"It's not as complex as you might think; you just got to move quicker," Nick said.
Jared tried playing it again, and this time he was able to play the whole thing in time.
Nick gave Jared a fist pump.