Chapter 36

Chapter 36
"Jennifer, what ya doing up this early?" William caught me on my bike just in front of the football field. William drove his truck and he found me at the school all right. "I have to gain confidence," I said. "I'm with you," he said.
"What? You're not actually here to take me away again?"
  "The one time I managed to wake up by myself to see you out and about of the house just to gain confidence no one else did. I'm here to be your judge as a friend. I'm here to help you out in anyway I can," he said.
"Well, do you mind doing me a second favor?"
  "No problem," he said.
"I need to practice without getting into trouble with the law, so can you just keep a look out for trouble? If you see any, we scat out of here!"
"You want me to look for trouble," he asked crossing his arms. "Well, I don't want the neighbors to call the cops on me."
  "True. How about this, you practice very softly, and I give you advice on how to improve," William said. I got my baritone case off of my bike, and I got the instrument out of its case. I blow out of the baritone as soft as I most possibly could. I played the rhythm of the Opener. William started conducting the piece. I tried to add in crescendos and decrescendos without blasting or going above Forte. I started playing at probably pianissimo. Then I crescendoed to pianos, but then decrescendoed back down to pianissimo.
  "Good shaping, needs more. I know you can't really do it now because it's nighttime and other people are trying to sleep. But at next sectional try to play out more, and do a lot more shaping," he gave me his input.
"You got this," he said as he made a fist pump. I smiled as I gave William a bros fist