The "New" Kid

(A/N, this is me of the future lmao, so later on in the book, I put chapters that are from Y/N's point of view, so there will be I's instead of You's. So yes, you should keep reading even if it may bother you 😂)

You sat at your desk, waiting for the bell to ring. It was finally your last day in high school, a soon to be freshman in college. You stared out the window and watched the white fluffy clouds remove themselves from in front of the sun. Before you could finally look at the clear skies, you felt a tap on your shoulder. You looked over to see Taehyung, smiling brightly at you.
"Hey Taehyung." You say smiling at him as he sits down in the desk next to you.
"Y/N! We're still on for after school right?" He asked. "I'm really excited so I hope you say yes." He stated resting his head on his hand leaning on the desk. You rolled your eyes I amusement and let out a small chuckle.
"Duh." You state quickly, nudging his shoulder slightly with your fist. He lets out a laugh and claps his hands happily. You couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness. The bell finally gave its last ring, and you and Taehyung bolted for the door with your things. As the seniors of the school, and not having to worry about consequences, you ran to the stair case with the rest of your classmates.
"The kimchi is in the bowl people!" A voice yelled across the hall. You gave Taehyung a devilish grin, and he returned the same look. You and all your classmates, nodded your head and threw all your papers and worksheets down the staircase. The sound of yelling and cheering filled the halls. Taehyung grabbed you by your waist and lifted you into the air.
"Y/N! We made it!" He stated twirling you before letting your feet touch the floor again. You let out a slight yelp as your feet left the ground, but began to laugh. You were excited for summer, and spending time with Taehyung and your families. You've known Taehyung for a long time now, and you two were still friends, which amazed you. Considering the you promise you made him when you were kids.
"Yah!" You heard a deep voice yell. You and all your classmates looked over to see the principle walk over to you. You widened your eyes, spotting the figure walking towards the crowd of seniors. You shot your attention back to Tae angrily.
"I thought you said there would be no consequences!" You whispered to him crossing your arms. Taehyung glanced over to you and just laughed.
"Why are you laughing?! We could get in serious trouble, seniors or not. I should have known not to listen to you." You snapped at him under your breath. Taehyung grabbed your hand, which made you flinch.
"I guess the rules changed." He whispered in your ear. "Get ready." He stated winking at you. He took an airhorn out his pocket and put his arm in the air, pushing the button not too long after. Everyone stopped and looked at Tae quickly, which made you nervous. What was he about to do? Taehyung took a big deep breath.
"SCATTER!!"
He yelled quickly. Every senior began to run in different directions. Some to the second staircase, and others down the hall. Before you knew it, you were running too, holding Taehyung's hand. He knows you can run just fine by yourself, but he didn't let go of your hand. You looked behind you to see the principal running after you and your friends. You were then tugged around the corner by Taehyung, hiding from everyone else, including the principal. You watched as everyone ran by you. Taehyung giggled silently and you glared at him.
"So much for no consequence huh.?" You asked him out of breath. He immediately stopped giggling and looked at you. He put his index finger up to his lip.
"Shhh." He stated as he turned his head around the corner. "Okay, coast is clear." He stated as he dragged you from out of the corner, and walked with you down the hallway. You then realized that your hands were still intertwined. It made you smile because you haven't held hands with Taehyung for a long time. He's been a little distant for a couple days, which worried you. He looked back to turn to you and squinted his eyes.
"Why are you smiling at me like that?" He questioned you. You shook your head and shrugged, trying to wipe the smile off your face, but it was no use. He rolled his eyes, and looked down to see that you two were still holding hands. He widened his eyes and let go immediately.
"Sorry, didn't mean to." He stated nervously. It was fun seeing Tae nervous, although you didn't really know why. Tae walks you all the way home, even though he lives on the other side of town. You thank him and give him a hug.
"I'll see you this summer right?" You ask him crossing your arms. Taehyung let out a laugh and pinched your cheek.
"Duh!" He snapped back at you quickly. You smacked his hand away from your face and flicked his nose.
"Ow!" Taehyung screeched rubbing his nose.
"Are you coming in for dinner or..?" You asked him, pointing back at your door. He shook his head and frowned.
"As much as I love your moms pulled pork with rice and beans, I can't. My dad wants me home before seven. And traffic sucks around this time of day."
"It's called pernil." You crunched your eyebrows together rolling your eyes.
"How is your dad and his girlfriend by the way?"
"They're great! I'm supposed to meet her son today, and, they're getting married this summer!" He told you smiling. You clapped your hands in excitement. "That's great! When's the wedding? Are friends invited?" You asked caressing your chin and raising your eyebrow playfully. Taehyung let out an awkward chuckle and scratched the back of his neck. You instantly frowned and sighed.
"Is that a no?" You asked him as he avoided eye contact.
"Nah, sorry. The weddings back in Korea . Sorry." He admitted. You smiled softly and pretended to let out a small playful chuckle.
"No big deal, I'll have my own wedding." You joked. You looked at Taehyung and he looked upset at your statement.
"Woah kidding dude. Not planning on marrying anyone any time soon." You explained to him nervously. Taehyung gave you a hug and whispered in your ear.
"Remember your promise, Y/N."
With that, he waved and left you at your front door. That summer night, was the last you've seen of Taehyung. But you haven't forgot about him, and you couldn't stop thinking about it. You twirled your pen in your hand.
"Aigoo Y/N it's been a year. I doubt Taehyung is coming back from Korea. It's so cool over there. He probably lives there now." You thought to yourself.
"Stupid Taehyung. As soon as I see him I'm punching him in is throat." You clenched your pen, beginning to click the top.
It was your first day at college, as an official
junior of the best college in America for anyone who was interested in crime. You've always wanted to be an investigator, and a police officer. You and Taehyung both did. Class was halfway over, and you couldn't be happier. You could finally go home and binge watch supernatural.
"And that is why it's important to observe your suspects every move, and take note of everything they say. Right, Miss Y/N?" he yelled directly at you. He looked annoyed. You raised your eyes to the teacher, and eventually noticed you were still clicking your pen. You made eye contact with the teacher and you nodded your head nervously. The teacher raised his eyebrow, and put his focus back onto the board. You rolled your eyes, and noticed someone standing at the door. It looked like Kim Namjoon, your counselor. But you didn't pay him no mind. Mr.Kim then called your teacher to the door to talk to him. You continued to take the notes that could have already been erased. Considering you were the top of your class, you needed to stay there if you wanted to be the best investigator in all of America. The teacher finally walked back in, and stood in the middle of the classroom, but you didn't seem to notice, or care for that matter.
"Okay class, looks like we have a new student joining us this year. Please introduce yourself." The professor said, motioning for the boy to come inside.
The boy walked into the classroom and stood in the middle.
"Hello." The voice was deep and subtle, but it sounded like you've heard it somewhere before.
"Could that be..?" you thought to yourself. You look up to see a male figure in the middle of the classroom, smiling directly at you. Your heart stopped and you smiled.

"My name is Kim Taehyung. Nice to meet you"

Yeet you thought. Thanks for reading the first chapter of my FF. 🌚 Be sure to follow me for the next chapters. I'm most likely going to post chapters once or twice a week , so I hope you enjoy my fan fiction.