You've Found Him

Before I even had the chance to respond, Jimin hung up the phone. I ran out of the police station and called a cab as soon as I could. When the cab pulled up, I hopped right in, and anxiously made my way to Jimin's house. The good ten minutes in that cab felt like centuries, time that slipped through my fingers, each second I thought of Taehyung.
Finally, things are turning around.
I thought to myself.

When I got to Jimin's house, I paid the cab driver, and ran to his front door, and continuously rang the door bell. Sooner or later, Jimin flashed the door open, and quickly pulled me inside.
"Let's go." He whispered to me seriously. I nodded my head, and followed Jimin up the stairs, and to his 'Jimin Cave.'

"What makes you think you've found him?" I questioned breathlessly leaning on his chair. He plopped into his seat, and pulled up the footage of seven different cameras. Ones that didn't seem familiar to me at all.

"Last night I took it upon myself to reboot some old cameras I set up back when Taehyung and his family would run away. Since nobody really knows about these pathways, I would use it to keep an eye on them. I figured why not give it a shot. I haven't found out where he's staying, but check this out."
He fast forwarded the footage, and paused it when Taehyung appeared on the screen. I felt tears roll down my face, and the sight of Taehyung sneaking around the woods, with two small black bags.
"That right there not too far, is the street sign. Which means this is Amy Sedalia Park. Not far from you at all. Which is good news. He doesn't travel too far from where you live. The real question is where is he going..?" Jimin explained to you.
I wiped my tears and glared at the screen, at Taehyung.
"If we try to find him now, he'll probably keep avoiding us. The more we chase him, the harder he'll be to find." I mumbled leaning closer to the screen.
Jimin nodded his head in agreement and turned to face me.
"You're probably right, so we'll leave that alone for now." He crossed his arms and sighed, pushing his head back.
"Any news about the witness?" He questioned.
"I was right, that's Taehyung's mother. Now we just need to figure out where Jungkook is." I explained leaning against the wall crossing my arms.
"Chances are Jungkook is with Taehyung. I don't think they ever lost contact. If we find one, we'll find the other. But, our best bet is finding Taehyung." I nodded my head in agreement, and checked my phone.
"It's getting late. I should probably head home." I explained grabbing my things.
"Okay Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow. Come around eight since you have to talk to Jazzy." He explained opening the door.
"How did you-"
"She told me." He cut me off, and flashed a cheesy smile.
I looked at him, a slight hint of concern hidden behind my fake smile.
"I'll find a way to come check up on you, don't worry. I'll be doing my research. Trust me." Jimin insisted patting my back. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around Jimin tightly, and burried my face in his chest.
"Thank you." I stated, my voice slightly muffled in the fabric of his shirt. He chuckled, and hugged me back, patting my head. After a while, he broke the hug and smiled.
"I should be the one thanking you, for putting smiles in Taehyung's face when I couldn't." He stated brushing a stray curl from my face.
"Go ahead and get some rest. You can call and text me at anytime, okay partner?" He reminded me holding out his fist. A soft smile formed on my face, as I bumped my fist on his.
"Understood. Thanks, partner."
I turned around, and closed the front door, and left Jimin's house. I walked around in the crisp cold air, wandering around the park under the colorful sky. I took a seat on the bench, and crossed my legs to watch the sun set, since it was still fairly early. I pulled out my phone to check the time, and saw that it was 5:34. I placed my phone back into the pocket, and watched the sun, until the last glimpse of light faded away. I swung my feet off the bench, and stood up to stretch my arms and legs. Before I left, I took one last look at the pond, that hid underneath a thin layer of ice, and thought of the night I met Taehyung. A day just as cold as this one. I sighed, and made my way to the exit of the park, when suddenly, someone yanked my arm, and aggressively placed their hands over my mouth.
"If you don't struggle, it'll be a lot more enjoyable for the both of us." The man whispered into my ear, his breath smelled of whiskey and cigarettes. I shook my head and began kicking and throwing my arms, but it was no use.