Birthday Boy

I opened my eyes, and found myself laying on the couch in the living room. I don't really remember much at this moment, but I do remember falling asleep here. As I sot up, I can hear Christmas music playing faintly, coming from the kitchen. Come to think of it, a familiar smell came from the kitchen as well.
Pancakes.
I thought immediately. I unwrapped myself from the covers and made my way to the kitchen. Standing at the stove, was Taehyung, cooking pancakes.
"Smells great." I complimented him. He turned around to face me, and flashed me his box smile.
"Can I help?" I questioned walking over to the freezer.
"We still have some bacon left."
Taehyung nodded his head smiling. We calmly cooked breakfast together, and sat down to eat. As I raised my fork with a piece of pancake on it to eat, I glanced up to Taehyung, smiling.
I feel so much closer to him. I know my dad told me I needed to, but I really did want to get to know him again.
I thought. Taehyung looked up at me and waved his hand in front of my face.
"Hello, Earth to Y/N." he mumbled between chews. I snapped back to reality and smiled.
"Sorry.." I chucked slightly embarrassed. I looked down at my plate and continued to eat my food.
    A few minutes later, me and Taehyung washed the dishes, and walked into the living room. He plopped onto the couch, but I went into the hallway and texted my dad.
"I'll be back in a sec."
I told him walking into the hallway.

"Hey, how's it going? Are you okay?"
-Y/N
"Yea, I'm okay. How's it going back at home?"
-Dad
I stared at the phone, and hesitated to type back, but eventually, I replied.
"Could be going better. We're close for sure. Are you coming home soon?"

Yea. I understand he's your friend Y/N, but you need to do as I say, okay? I gtg, but I'll text you about any updates. Bye
-Dad

I sighed to myself. I just felt so guilty.
I was doing this for me, but it just looks like I'm only doing it to help my dad. Or even worse, get myself a career, and sacrificing Taehyung for it.
I sighed to myself, and made my way back into the living room, plopping onto the seat next to Taehyung.

"A drama? I didn't know you were into these." I stated as I brought my legs up to sit cross cross.
"I do, I've always wanted to be an actor, but..you know." He stated, watching the TV.
I opened my mouth to speak, but I was cut off by the sound of the doorbell.
"I'got it."
I get up to go open the door, and twist the door knob and open it.
"Oh, hey Jimin." I greeted him.
"Hey Y/N, is Taehyung home?" I nodded my head and turned towards Taehyung.
"Taehyung, Jimin's here to see you." I stated walking toward the couch. Taehyung got up, and I took his spot on the couch. I continued watching the tv, until I glanced at Taehyung, watching him talk to Jimin. Jimin smiles and raises his eyebrows, and puts something in Taehyung's hands. I couldn't make out what they were saying, or what Jimin handed him, but he flashed Taehyung a quick smile, and left.
"What was that about?" I asked him as he sat down next to me.  He shook his head and scoffed, putting the item in his pocket.
"Just a gift he gave me for my birthday." 
I gasped loudly, and sprung off the couch.
     "I thought your birthday was on the 30th!" I yelled in confusion "How long have I been sleeping?" Taehyung laughed at me, and rubbed the nape of his neck.
"It is the on 30th Y/N, it's the 26th." he reassured me, still chuckling. I sighed in relief, and wiped my forehead.
"Any idea on what we should do? Anything but-"

"How about a party?!" 
I cut him off
Taehyung sighed and rubbed his forehead. After some convincing, I got him to agree to a get together at least. It was no party, but it would still be a lot of fun. The days rolled by quickly, and soon enough, it was the 29th.
"Who's coming again?" Taehyung questioned me drying his hair with his towel.
"Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Lotus, Jazzy, and Gabby." I reminded him. "you've asked me like twelve thousand times already."
Taehyung shrugged his shoulders and scoffed.
"Sorry. I just can't believe that you really do have friends." He teased.
"Wow, neither did I. You learn something everyday." I snapped back rolling my eyes. Taehyung giggled under his breath at our sarcastic statements.
"Remember, they're all sleeping over. Boys in your room, girls in mine. Got it?"
Taehyung nodded his head, and I smiled at him, continuing to set up the living room.
   Around noon, Jimin knocked on the door. I welcomed him in, and to get snacks. While I was putting the popcorn in a bowl, I heard Jimin and Taehyung giggling to each other under their breath. When I came back, they both stopped and stared at me, which made me really nervous. I plopped down next to Jimin with the bowl in my hand, and he nervously looked at Taehyung.
"I'm going to the bathroom." He blurted out, jumping off the couch. I watched him hurry to the bathroom down the hall, and turned back to Taehyung.
"What was that about?" Taehyung whispered to me.
"I was about to ask you the same thing." I whispered back. We both laughed as Jimin walked back into the room, and sat next to Taehyung, practically pushing him into me.
Suddenly, the doorbell rang again.
"I'll get it." Jimin shouted sprinting towards the door.
"Heyo!" Lotus shouted out, entering the house with Gabby, Jazzy, and Yoongi.
"Hobi is looking for parking." Lotus stated plopping down in the one seater couch next to me. Jazzy and Yoongi placed themselves next to Taehyung, and soon, Jimin and Hobi walked in, sitting by Jazzy, and Hobi sat in front of Lotus.
     We watched movies, and made jokes until around eight. That's when we began playing games, and drinking more. As the night went on, Jimin clung onto Jazzy, Gabby sat down on the floor talking with Yoongi, and god knows where Lotus and Hobi ran off to. So the only ones left were me and Taehyung, sitting on the sofa. Despite our different locations, we managed to keep the game going.
"Okay Y/N, truth or dare?" Jimin questioned.
"Uh...Dare?"
Jimin took a moment, then clapped his hands.
"I've got it! Y/N, I dare you to kiss Taehyung!" He blurted out. It got quiet in the room, until all I could hear was my heart beat faster, instantly blocking the noise of anything else. It was so loud, I'm sure that I would wake up the whole neighborhood.
I can't do that, Taehyung is my friend.. right?