Promise

Little note before I start this chapter,
For the rest of the book, it will be viewed as your p.o.v, the same way it was Jimin and Taehyung's p.o.v in the previous chapter. That means I will be using words like "I" instead of "you." Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

I woke up to the sound of knocking at the door. Dad had left for his trip early this morning, so it could only have been one person. I turn my head so I could get a view of the cable box. I had already took my shower when I got home after my nap. I even managed to cook dinner, and fall asleep all over again. Still, there was no sign of Taehyung.
It's 3:17 AM, Taehyung should have been home already. As a matter of fact, he came home with me. But when I came back from my shower, he was no where to be found.
Frustrated, I go to open the door.
"Where have you been? It's late." I told him crossing my arms. He sighed and looked at me blankly.
"I was out."
"Out where? I understand it's Friday but you can't just wander off like that." I scolded him. Taehyung shrugged his shoulders and made his way to the kitchen. Angrily, I ran past him and stood in front of the fridge, crossing my arms.
"Are you really that upset?" He questioned me trying to remove me from in front of the fridge.
"Yes! Something could have happened to you. Since I'm responsible for you, it's important that you stay with me, it'll only make your case worse if you-"
He cut me off with an obnoxiously loud, and sarcastic groan.
"Stop nagging me, it's Friday and I'm a grown man." He reminded you.
"Some man.." I whispered under my breath.
Taehyung widened his eyes at me and smirked.
"Yes. MAN." He teased.
"Promise me something." 
Taehyung immediately stopped his teasing and looked at me.
"What is it now?"
"You have to stop wandering around at night. It's dangerous. I was worried about you you know."
"Why should I promise you that? Walking  around clears my head. Plus, I don't have anyone to talk to like that." He stated.
"So then you can just come talk to me. You idiot." I stated punching his chest softly. Taehyung looked away from me, trying to hide his smirk.
"Yea yea. Whatever."he stated flicking my forehead. I removed myself from infront of the fridge.
"There's some food in the refrigerator on the top shelf." I stated as I walked out of the kitchen.
"What's that on your head?"
I turned around to look at Tae, and felt the top of my head.
"A scarf. It keeps my hair protected." I explained to him. He nodded his head, and I could practically see that he was still confused. But I decided to go upstairs anyway.

    I woke up the next morning, and I sat on my bed. I couldn't move. Suddenly, I felt something roll down my face. I raised my hand to my face and placed them on my cheeks.

I was crying.

Everything was processing. Everything Jimin had told me yesterday after school, was just sinking in.

"Over the summer of high school,Taehyung's dad had gotten married. Him, his dad, step mom and step brother, spent most of the summer traveling. It was great for most of the summer, but then, things got...complicated. His step mom got really distant from his dad."

"Why..?" I asked Jimin hesitantly."

"Well..his dad started acting...strange. He was drinking basically. The distance they gave him pretty much..angered...his dad. When he was drunk, he would beat the crap out of all of them. It was really bad. Even when he was sober, he was really abusive. There were times Taehyung tried to run, but his dad found him every time. He would threaten Taehyung to take his new family, the same way he took his last one. One day his dad went to the grocery store, so they all packed up and left. They lived on the streets for a while. Winters were so tough, I ended up helping him and his family with food and shelter for storms. On February 13th, was the last I've seen of his entire family in one spot."
Jimin paused and sighed.
"Y/N, you can't tell anyone any of this."
I nodded my head as he continued to talk.
"Eventually, his dad had known they stayed with me. So I got in a little bit of trouble, but nothing I couldn't handle. They lived on the streets in hiding. But one day... one day his dad found them. They tried to run but..he still caught them. Well...his mom at least. Him and Jungkook, his step brother, ran but...they only had the chance, because his mom had sacrificed herself. Suddenly-"
I blinked my eyes and Jimin wasn't in front of me anymore. I felt the weight of his grip leave my shoulders, and were replaced with a new pair of hands. It was Taehyung. I couldn't feel it, but I knew that I was crying. But that's as far as Jimin got before Taehyung could cut him off.
     "Poor Taehyung..." I thought to myself. That summer and a whole year. He was dealing with so much. I couldn't help but wonder what happened for the rest of the year and a half. I grabbed my phone and texted Jimin, pleading for him to tell me the rest of the story, but he wouldn't budge. Telling me "Taehyung had to tell me himself." I sighed and threw my phone onto the floor in frustration. Realizing what I had done, I jolted up from my bed and checked to see if my phone was cracked. Thank God it wasn't. I put on my slippers, and go downstairs to prepare breakfast. But it looks like Taehyung had already beat me to it. He was holding up a box of grits, but he looked confused.
"You okay there bud'?" I asked him patting his shoulder.
"Yea..but..what's a grit?" He asked confusingly.
"Grits? It's like hot cereal." I grabbed the box from his hand.
"It's really good, want some?" Taehyung squinted his eyes and cautiously nodded his head. I prepared grits, eggs, and sausage. I served myself and Taehyung. I sat at the table, carefully watching him as he ate his first spoonful. Cautiously, he ate the grits off the spoon, and his eyes widened.
"No good..?" I quickly responded, disappointed at his reaction.
"No...its delicious!" He stated grabbing another spoonful. I smiled, and began to eat my plate as well.
"Since you made this really good breakfast, I'll clean up. But don't get used to it." Before I had the chance to object, Taehyung grabbed my empty plate and walked over to the sink. Without realizing, I found myself smiling at him. But eventually, my smile faded, as I remembered all that he's been through. I could tell Taehyung felt the change in atmosphere. He dried his hands and sighed.
"I'm going for a wa-"
"Remember your promise Kim Taehyung!" I yelled at him. He glanced at me and made his way into the living. Of course I followed him to make sure he wasn't going to try anything. He plopped onto the couch, and I did the same, sitting on the seat next to him. I reached for his head, and began putting  cornrows into his hair. I'm surprised he even let me. After binge watching and playing with his soft hair for so long, he drifted off to sleep. I get up to go get ice cream from the freezer. I grabbed the cookie-dough ice cream, and remove the lid. I turned around to see Taehyung in the entrance of the kitchen.
"Hey, I thought you were sleeping-"
I quickly cut off my own sentence at the sight of Taehyung's dull, and pale face. Our eyes met, and I saw a tear run down his face.

"They're gone...they're both...gone."