Just One Day

I woke up the next morning, and removed the covers from on top of my body. I swung my feet over my bed, and walked over to the bathroom. Every step weighing more and more. I ran the water in the shower, and removed my clothes, stepping into the hot shower. I aggressively rubbed my face, managing to wash away the trails of dried tears. I scrubbed as hard as I could, but I couldn't manage to wash away the emotions I was feeling.
   Eventually, I carried myself out of the shower, and into my room to get ready. I slid my legs through my leggings, and put on a black tank top. Walking over to the closet, I looked through my entire wardrobe, but nothing seemed to fit my mood today. Plus, all my sweaters were dirty. I dragged myself down to Taehyung's room to grab the book, but my eyes fixated on his closet. I reached my hand out to the door knob, but I hesitated.
Is it wrong to take one of Taehyung's sweaters...? Pfft, nah.
I thought to myself. I opened his closet door, and smiled at the sight of all his sweatshirts, his scent flying out of the closet and into my nose. But my smile faded, when I thought about how cold it's been recently.
"If all his sweatshirts are here, then he's probably freezing..." I thought to myself.
     Suddenly, the doorbell rang twice. Shocked, I looked at the clock, and saw that it was 8:15. I grabbed Taehyung's blue hoodie from the closet, and rushed to slide on my vans. The sweater was big, but comfortable.
"Coming!" I shouted frantically grabbing my book bag and keys. I rushed over to my door and opened it.
"Hey Y/N, ready to go?"  
Jimin asked, his hands in his pocket. I nodded my head and locked the house door, following Jimin down the block. The walk to the diner was short and silent, but eventually, we made it. Jimin and I sat down at a table, and ordered our breakfast. Once we got our food, we silently began eating.
"Here." Jimin whispered handing me a picture. I tilted my head and raised my eyebrow.
"If what you said is true, then Taehyung's step mother should in contact with he police. Find a way to get your dad to see the witness." Jimin whispered. I stretched out my hand and took the picture from Jimin.
"No problem." I responded placing the photo in my pocket. Jimin held out is fist, and smiled.
"Let's do it."
I smiled at him, and bumped his fist. We paid for our breakfast, and walked out the diner, and to school. Once we reached the front gate, Jimin turned around to face me.
"Meet me here after school today around six,
my place." He reminded me. I nodded my head and waved goodbye to Jimin as he walked to the building his lecture was in. I let out a sigh and turned around, just in time to see someone wrapping their arms around me.
"Hey Y/N!" Lotus yelled waddling side to side.
I let out a giggle and hugged her back, before she let go.
"You feeling better today? I called you last night but you didn't answer."
I shrugged my shoulders and put my hands in Tae's sweater pockets.
"Sorry, I was..busy? To answer your question about my mood....we'll see." I admitted, pulling my phone out of my pocket.
"I'll be right back, I'm just gonna call my dad." Lotus nodded her head, and I walked under the tree to make the call.

Taehyung's P.O.V

     I sat in the dark, alone, and cold. My only warmth, came from the remembrance of Y/N. Her laugh, her smile, it's all that kept me warm this cold winter morning. I held the red scarf up to my nose and inhaled for as long as I could, and smiled at the slight smell of Y/N the scarf held.
"Yo, Taehyung, it's going to get colder soon. Really cold. You need to get the rest of your things." Jungkook reminded me stretching out his hand. I looked up at him, and nodded my head, before grabbing his hand for him to help me up.
"Be safe out there, alright?" He stated patting my shoulder.
I smiled at Jungkook frailly and nodded my head, before walking away.  It took a while, but I finally made it through parts of the woods, to Y/N's house, and to my surprise, she was leaving for school.
Is she wearing my sweater?
I thought to myself smiling. I shook my head at her cuteness and observed her. My heart sank, at the sight of her gloomy, and expressionless face. I really didn't mean to hurt her, I didn't intend to make her feel the way she does. I just want to protect her.
I let out a sigh tried to look away, but my eyes just followed Y/N the entire time. Hopefully Jimin can help her cheer up. Hopefully she gets my message. Once Y/N and Jimin turned the corner, I tiptoed to the backdoor, took the spare key from inside the pot plant, and opened the door slowly. Once I knew the coast was clear, I tiptoed into my room, and quietly closed the door behind me. I looked around my room and took a deep breath, before spotting the the red book I gave Y/N, laying on the dresser. Eventually, my eyes then drifted to my bed, with messy thrown around sheets and pillows.
She must have slept in here...silly y/n..
I thought to myself smiling. I couldn't help but feel guilty for getting her involved the way I did. I turned around to my closet, and managed to grab a couple sweatshirts, and a few pairs of pants. Before I could open the door to leave, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs nearby. I placed my ear on the door to hear better, and my eyes widened at the voice quickly approaching.
"Huh? Yes Y/N? Uh, yea..sure." He mumbled.
I removed myself from the door, and started walking backwards away from the door, keeping my focus on the doorknob. Once it began twisting, I dropped the clothes into the floor and hid under the bed, trying my best not to make a peep. Once I had hid, Y/N's dad opened the door to my room, and took a look around.
"Geez Y/N. I know you miss him but at least keep his clothes in his closet.... yea yea Y/N excuses excuses. Look I'm glad you came to your senses, so I'll definitely give her a call for you. Okay...see you there."
Her dad took a deep breath and hung up his phone.
He walked over to the night table, right in front of me. I held my breath, trying my best not to make a peep.
   He then picked up the photo album, and flipped through a couple of the pages.
Please don't find the clue..please don't find the clue
I pleaded over and over in my head. Just when he was about to flip through the last page, his phone rang. He sighed, and placed the book down back on to the night table. I would have sighed in relief, but he would hear me.
"Hello..? Yea. I'll be there soon." He mumbled walking out of the room closing the door. I let out a deep sigh, and when I heard the house door close, I got up from under the bed, and picked up the three sweaters and three pairs of pants. Carefully, I opened my window, and hopped through, closing it behind me. I dragged my feet across the freshly cut grass of the backyard, and looked over my right shoulder to take one last glance at Y/N's home. Our home.

Your P.O.V

"Hey dad, can I ask you to do me a favor?
I-....I didn't take his clothes out the closet. I swear I didn't.." I explained.
I sighed in annoyance and shook my head.
"Anyways, can you call that witness for me? I want to thank her...because I'd like to have Taehyung in a place I can visit, instead of never seeing him at all...really? Thanks! Bye."

I hung up my phone and sighed, before walking to class. The lecture today was kind of slow and stressful, since I missed yesterday's noon class, but I managed to get my notes and stay on top of my game, but I didn't really talk. I was zoned out the whole time because of all the things that have been running through my mind. When the bell rang, I packed my things into my bag, and lazily swung it over my shoulder.
"Y/N, you coming?"
I turned around, and saw Lotus and Jazzy smiling at me. But behind their smiles, I knew lurked the feeling of concern.
"You've been out of it recently. If you want to talk about it, my place is always free." Jazzy offered taking my hand, the corner of her slips curling upwards. I smiled faintly, and relaxed my hand inside her palms.
"Thanks, but I can't today." I explained removing my hand from her grasp. Jazzy frowned and looked back to Lotus, who looked at me.
"But we'll catch you tomorrow right? For sure?" Lotus questioned tilting her head. I shrugged my shoulders, and waved to them before leaving the classroom. Quickly, I made my way to the police station, and walked up to the front desk.
"Hey Y/N, what brings you here today?"
I smiled and placed my elbows on the front desk.
"Hey Mr.Santiago. Uh, my dad is supposed to meet me here to talk to someone today."
Santiago bit the inside of his cheek and shook his head.
"He left in a job not too long ago, but he'll only be gone for a week or so." He explained. Before I could respond, a woman entered the building and stood next to me.
"Hi, I'm supposed to meet with officer Y/L/N and his daughter?" She explained smiling.
I tapped her shoulder, and waved.
"Hey, my dad just left on a job, so I'm afraid it's just me today. We'll be in the room 2C Santiago."
He gave me a thumbs up, and I lead her to the empty conference room. She sat down in the chair at the small round table, and I took the seat across from her.

"May I ask why you wanted to see me?" She asked politely, brushing the hair out of her face.
"Nothing specifically, I just wanted to say thank you for helping my dad with the case. It's been really stressful for my father and I, so thank you for helping us with the whole situation. May I ask your name?"
She nodded her head slowly, before fixing her gaze to her fingers, fidgeting on the edge of the table.

"It's Rachel." She stated nervously. By the guess of her tone, she could tell that the air between us was tense. To lighten the mood,  I reached my hand out across the table.
"My name is Mia. Nice to formally meet you, Rachel."

So much for making the air relaxed.
I thought to myself.
She cautiously reached her hand out to me, and shook my hand, scanning my face.
"I feel like I've seen you somewhere before...have I?" She questioned tilting her head.
I shrugged my shoulders and raised my eyebrow at her.
"If you live in this area you probably have. I used to work at the café not too far from here." I explained getting up from my seat. She nodded her head, and let out a sigh of relief, before following me out of the room.
Once we got to the exit, I turned around to face her one last time.
"I'm sorry. Before you go, may I have your number? Just in case we have any further questions on Taehyung's case."

She hesitated, but she took out a slip of paper, and handed it to me. I looked at the paper, and scanned the number before looking back up to her.
"Thank you. Please take care."
I waved to her, and smiled, as she walked down the block. Just to make sure, I called the number before she was completely gone. Thankfully, she didn't scam me, and picked up the phone right away.
"Hello..?" She mumbled into the speaker.
"Hey, sorry. I just wanted to see if you gave me the right number is all." I assured her before hanging up. I dug into my pocket, and removed the photo from inside, holding it up to my face.
Then, I took out my phone and texted Jimin.
Yep, it's her.
   I texted to him. Almost instantly, he called me, and I picked up.
"Come over. I think I found Taehyung."

A/N:
Hey losers. I haven't posted in a long time I'm so sorry. But there will be more chapters coming soon !! Thanks for reading, and don't forget to love yourself.