With Winter, Comes Change

I woke up Sunday morning, and opened the shades from my window. The sky was clear, and colors like pink and orange lurked around the sky in swirls, surrounding the rising sun. I walk out of my room and downstairs into hallway. I passed Taehyung's room and cautiously opened the door. My eyes wandered around the room, until I finally realized that he was still sleeping peacefully on his bed, wrapped in his covers. Smiling to myself, I carefully closed the door again, and made my way to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.
From the looks of it, the smell of bacon traveled to Taehyung's room, because once the bacon hit the pan, he stumbled his way into the kitchen.
"I smell bacon, whatcha cooking?" He questioned me with a deep, raspy voice. I turned around and looked at Taehyung.
My eyes practically popping out of my head.
"Where. Is. Your. Shirt?!" I yelled at him, crossing my arms.
Taehyung rubbed his eyes and looked down at himself.
"In my..room?" He stated walking closer to me.
"Step back foul creature, or I'll slay you where you stand!" I yelled playfully, holding the spatula up to his face. Taehyung laughed and turned around. "I'll go put on my shirt now."
"Good, breakfast is ready soon!" I reminded him.
Taehyung flashed me one last smile, and made his way back to his room. Secretly, I watched him as he walked down the hall.
I sighed and focused my attention back on setting the plates and serving breakfast.
Not too long after, Taehyung walked back into the kitchen, and was thankfully, fully clothed this time.
"Yes! Let's eat!"
He reached his hand out to grab his food, and began to dig in. 'You're welcome.' I mumbled under my breath, rolling my eyes. I then sat down to eat as well.
For a while it was silent. Only the sounds of subtle chewing filled the dining room.
Suddenly, Taehyung moved his chair back and grabbed his plate. The noise caused me to look up from my plate, and watch as Taehyung came closer, taking my empty plate as well.
"Don't get used to it huh?" I mimicked him and chuckled at the sight of him washing the dishes.
"Only because you made waffles. I love waffles." He reminded me, a chuckle following not far after.
"But next time, next time I'm going to cook breakfast for you." He stated turning away from the sink and smiling at me. My eyes widened slightly at his nice gesture, I couldn't help but smile back at him.
Any plans for the day Y/N?" He asked me as drying his hands on a nearby towel.
"Actually, I was going to ask you the same thing. I'm actually going ice skating. I was supposed to go with Lotus, but she bailed on me so I have an extra ticket." I lied. "Wanna come with me instead?"
Taehyung gave a small, soft smile.
"Not to be rude, but, can't you ask one of your other friends to go? I'm not feeling well today, sorry Y/N." he apologized.
I shrugged my shoulders and flashed him a fake smile.
"No worries, I can always ask Jimin." I get up from my chair and push it under the table. I then walked into the bathroom to shower, and changed.
I threw on my grey turtle neck sweater, blue jeans, my white low top converse, and my black coat. I then tied my curls into a cute, neat bun, and applied small, but pretty, golden hoop earrings. I then went inside my room and grabbed my phone.
"No reply?" I thought to myself. I unlock my phone and check my messages.
"I forgot to text Jimin." I whispered to myself, giving myself a well deserved face palm. Instead of texting him, I just decided to call him. but there was no answer.
I sighed and frowned. 'Guess I'll go by myself.' I thought.
I made my way to the door, and saw Taehyung standing outside my room, dressed and ready to go. Trying to hide my smile, I asked
"Aren't you sick?"
He looked at me and rolled his eyes. Without saying a word, he began walking outside, so I ran behind him.
When we arrived at the skating rink, there was close to no one there, which made it even more fun.
"Y/N wait wait!" Taehyung shouted as I sprinted away on the ice. I turned around and saw him clinging onto the rails on the side. I skated my way back to him and grabbed his hand.
"Come on, it's more fun when you're off the rails."
I dragged him onto the ice, and we skated together in the middle of the rink. I taught him how to ice skate, and he was pretty good once he got the hang of it. I let go of his hand and smiled at him. But once I let go, he immediately lost his balance and fell backwards onto the ice.
Without warning, he burst out laughing, causing me to laugh too.
    "Are you okay?" I asked genuinely concerned for him. Taehyung just nodded his head and lifted his hand so I could help him up. I put my hand in his and lifted him off the ice, and we continued to skate.
    I tried letting go of his hand, but every time I tried, he would just fall. 
After hours and hours of skating together, we both went home and watched a couple movies, before drifting off to sleep for school the next day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Fast forward two weeks, and it was already the last day of school before winter break. At this point, me and Taehyung have been very close, and that made me happy. Being around him made me a better person at that.