Fights, Flights, and Freezing Nights

(Elora's POV)

By the time Fury and I returned to Barton's house, the children were asleep. The avengers themselves were sitting in the living room, Thor still gone. Once I walked inside, I turned back to Nick.

"So, when can I leave?" I asked.

"When I say you can."

"You really think you can keep me here?" I laughed.

Fury shrugged.

"Won't hurt to try. Get some sleep."

Rolling my eyes, I plopped down on the couch. The avengers were all staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Why are you here?" Banner asked.

"Ask Stark. He's the one who kidnapped me and brought me here. I was on my way to get some food and all of a sudden he showed up," I rcomplained.

"You were with the Maximoff boy. He seemed quite scared for your safety when I grabbed you. It was pretty cute really," Tony cut in.

"Are you two-" Clint started.

"No. We're just friends."

"Then why does he care about you so much?" Natasha asked.

"He doesn't. We're friends. I helped him not kill himself by bashing into walls uncontrollably during our time in HYDRA cells. Maybe he just wants to return the favor by not letting me get killed. He's not one who likes being in debt," I argued.

"You keep thinking that. I saw him panic when you were shot," the red head stated.

"Because I was a valuable asset!" I shot back.

"Your thoughts don't change the facts," Steve said.

The avengers really need to mind their own business.

"Oh great. Gang up on the prisoner why don't you."

"Yep," they chorused.

"Besides, they should start seeing you as a team member, if you accept," Nick said.

Sighing, I leaned back against the couch. This was going to be a long night.

"I'll have to think about it," I responded.

I stayed silent for a while and listened to them talk and argue with each other like family. I felt majorly out of place. Uncomfortably, I got up and walked into the kitchen. Their laughter could even be heard from there. Quietly, I poured a glass of water and drank. Glancing outside, it was dark. There was a door leading outside connected to the kitchen. I got the feeling Fury knew I would leave. I did not believe he would try to stop me. He always looked at the big picture. More laughter resonated through the house.