Helping Set Up a Robbery

(Elora's POV)

I was already bored within ten minutes of my arrival at Hank's house. All I had taken from his long plan was that the first thing we needed to do was get a specific criminal to rob Hank's house.

"So we're using a criminal and giving him dangerous powers? Sounds like a great idea," I interrupted.

"That's what I said," a woman I could only assume was Hank's daughter mumbled.

"Hope Pym," she said, sticking out her hand.

"Elora."

I took the woman's hand and shook it lightly.

"So Hank. A guy you know is planning to make a new weaponized suit that turns someone into a tiny warrior, and you are just now stopping it?" I grumbled.

The old man nodded.

"Why can't you use the suit."

"Stop asking questions and just listen," he barked.

I knew I must have crossed a line. Interesting.

"Looks like you already have this set up. Why do you need me?"

"You're persuasive. Not to mention it isn't completely set up. I want you to list everything he will need to break into the vault. I will place everything somewhere accessible, without making it obvious we want him to break in."

"Great I get the boring work," I whispered, eyes narrowed.

"Well from what you said he'll need to use ice or cold to break through at least part of it. So start there. Can I leave now?"

"No. If he gets caught breaking in we will have to break him out of a cell. To do that I want you to learn to control the ants. We can practice now if you'd like," he said, handing me a small earpiece.

"Now what?" I asked after putting it on.

"Call for them."

This dude is crazy. In my head I just thought about a few dozen ants gathering on the table in front of me. When I was able to convince myself to open a single eye, I saw that around forty ants stood in perfect rows. I screeched and took a quick step back.

"Did I mention I don't really like bugs?"