Tumbling

Elora's POV

We rushed civilians onto the ships as quickly as possible, loading them up fully before sending them back to the carrier were they would drop off the people and return. I searched the crowd, scanning for a certain face, or faces: Daniel and Ava. If anything, I wanted them to get out together safely. Ava did not need to go through the pain of losing a parent. She is just too sweet and innocent to be put through that. Despite my efforts, I could not find her. Perhaps she just went onto another ship. More robots poured in as we slowly got the citizens of Sokovia out. At the moment I was standing in front of a group of children, blocking the bots from getting to them. I hoped to clear them a path. I had just destroyed one of many robots when Steve called me back to the church along with all the others.

"I'm kind of busy here," I said through the intercom as I killed yet another robot.

"Pietro?" I heard him ask as I was blasted backwards by a laser.

The laser had made a painful gash in my leg but I stood up.

"No way you're killing them you filthy rust buckets," I growled, forcing up a giant ice shield in front is us.

I made it as thick as possible, shoving the bots back before creating a tunnel leading directly to the nearest ship.

"Go!" I yelled at the scared group of five children.

Terrified with tears streaming down their faces, they nodded and ran through the tunnel. I held it up until they got on the ship, making me exhausted immediately. The caffeine unfortunately did not help with that. Sighing, I brought down the shield. Immediately, the robots around me were demolished and I was picked up bridal style.

"Wha-?" I started as everything around me turned into a blur.

It was only when we stopped I realized that it had been Pietro. Dang. I need a nap. He set me down at the church where the other avengers had alread been waiting. I stumbled a bit but caught myself on a pillar.

"If I survive this, make sure I practice more. This takes a lot out of me," I puffed to the team.

"You will survive this," Pietro murmered.

"If any of Ultron's robots get a hand on this, we lose," Tony stated, gesturing at the metal contraption at the center of the church.

"How are we going to do this?" I asked.

"The only way we can. Together." Steve replied.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor asked as Ultron flew up.

The earth shook a bit as robots from all over the city crawled, ran, and flew from all directions to line up behind their leader.