So it Begins

(Elora's POV)

I had been given a few extra weapons besides my powers: a handgun and two electric blades were now in my possession. As everyone entered the Quinn jet, Pietro grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I raised an eyebrow questioningly as he seemed to struggle to find the right words.

"I um- just promise me that- Promise you'll stay safe today. Please Elora."

"I'm not sure I can promise that Pietro," I responded.

"Please. I'm... I'm scared for you...I can't lose you Elora. You and Wanda are all I have. Please just promise me."

"I promise," I said grimly, almost instantly regretting my words.

"Thank you," he breathed, pulling me into a warm hug.

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before heading into the jet with the avengers. Moments later, in all his blue suited glory, the speedster was on as well.

"Wow. I can almost feel the sexual tension in here," Tony joked.

My face was probably the brightest shade of red. I know Pietro's was. The entire group started laughing other than Pietro and I.

"At least you have a brain Stark, I'll give you that," Wanda laughed.

"Oi. Cap, can you give us the damn microchips now?" I asked.

Steve nodded, expression turning serious again. We put in our microchips and he started talking as we got close to Sokovia.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we will be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for but, the people of Sokovia didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace and today that's not gonna happen. But, we can do our best to protect them. We can get the job done, then find out what Ultron has been building. We get Romanoff and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us."

He paused and we all stood in silence for a moment until he spoke once more.

"Ultron thinks we're monsters, that we're what's wrong with the world. Today isn't just about beating him, it's about whether or not he's right."

The jet landed and we all jumped out except for Clint who stayed for the time being. We might need air support after all. The first task was to clear the city. I watched in amusement as Pietro ran into a police station across the street from us and told them to evacuate. The idiots did not listen. Sighing, Pietro ran in and grabbed a gun before shooting it up into the ceiling.