Resurrected

(Wanda's POV)

Another day with a corpse. Elora had been dead for three days with no pulse and no heartbeat. However, Fury had ordered for her to be kept hooked up to a heart monitor and IV. He was saying that perhaps her powers could help bring her back. The doctors had tried all treatments they could come up with, yet she would not wake up. I wondered how long it would take for them to give up. My opinion on the situation was that if she was going to come back- when she comes back, it will not be because of some treatment. Never the less, they continued to try some particularly questionable methods. The scientists had left for a lunch break, leaving me alone with the body of my best friend. When I thought about it, I realized that she was more so my only friend.

"Please wake up Elora," I whispered, choking slightly.

After checking to make sure no one was around, I grabbed her hand and allowed the tears to roll down my cheeks once again. 

It was not fair. Questions of why she left us, as well as what was my role in her death flooded my mind and spilled over the dam of my self control. Anger bubbled up inside me and an empty glass next to me exploded soon after. I did my best to regain control over my powers. Crying would not help her return. She left me to deal with a depressed and slightly mental brother by myself. I had tried to get through to him but he never spoke a word, or even acknowledged my presence. He simply stared at the wall, or ran into it. I was not allowed to near the cell, only to speak to him through a computer which he promptly ignored. I gave Elora's hand a small squeeze before releasing it and resting my head on her arm. The opening of a door made me leap to my feet. Spinning on my heel I turned to see who it was.

"Hello Ms. Maximoff," Jemma said softly.

I'd only met the girl yesterday and immediately found that she was very energetic and kind. Jemma Simmons had been monitoring Elora for the past day or so, and I was never informed why she had been the one chosen for the task.

"Hey Jemma, where's Fitz?" I asked, knowing that the two were pretty close.

"Oh he's-"

She was cut off by an obnoxious beeping noise. Eyes wide, I turned back towards Elora's body. The heart monitor was beeping and suddenly the sound was the most beautiful thing to ever grace my ears.

"What the hell?" I murmured in disbelief.

"She's alive? I didn't even think that was possible! How is she even breathing-" Simmons ranted, her voice slowly fading as I merely tried to comprehend the situation.

(Elora's POV)

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of voices. One in particular sounded familiar, incredibly so. I smiled when my brain finally registered the scene in front of me.

"Hey Wanda," I croaked.

The girl did not say a word, she simply stared with wide eyes and a dropped jaw. I sighed, noticing the other girl in the room had a similar expression.