Mistakes and a New Ride

Elora's POV

So I was not permitted to tell them, but if I was to just disappear they would panic. I questioned whether or not I would be able to leave Pietro behind, making my heart twinge. This operation is supposed to be secret, but leaving everything behind would be difficult even if the mission was short.

"Morning Elora," Steve called out from the bar.

I nodded at him before going down to Stark's lab to find it empty. With a sigh of relief I began to log into his computer database and quickly discovered Hanks address was on the screen with a note attached.

'I'll explain when you arrive. Too dangerous to send information.'

"What are you looking at?"

I froze as Pietro's thick accent rang out from behind me. Immediately, I hit the delete key and erased Hank's message just as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing-" I started, turning to face him and shrinking away from his touch.

"I was-"

"Just shut up dude. It's honestly none of your business, piss off," I barked.

My eyes met his blue ones, cutting my sentence short. I could not lie to him, and my frustration manifested itself in a barbed comment. The look of hurt in his eyes was something I never wanted to see. His head drooped and his hair fell over his face, making him look similar to a kicked puppy.

"And here I thought you trusted me," he muttered.

At first his expression was bordering playful but the guilt written across my face soon changed that, causing him to turn away with a huff.

I grabbed his shoulder in a desperate attempt to stop him, only for him to flinch and bolt away in a flash of blue. My intentions were never to hurt him, but my ineptness at keeping things from those I care about seemed to have taken its toll and I doubted he would make it easy to apologize. The slight pain in his usually excited eyes when I shrugged him off was painful to see, and now I was unsure as to how to help him.

"I'm sorry Pietro," I sighed to myself before jogging up to his room.

For a moment I believed I was unperturbed, but my legs shook as I approached his door. I put an ear to it only to hear quiet sobbing coming from inside. Without knocking, I swung the door open to reveal Pietro sitting in the far corner of the room. His knees were up to his chest and his head between them. I had really screwed up this time, as the boy was hardly healed from my sudden 'death'. A hole that had not been there that morning now resided in the wall above his head. As I approached him I could see that the knuckles on his right hand were bloodied and split, telling the silent story of the new wall decoration. Silently, I rested a hand on his back.

"Pietro-"

"Go. Just go," he muttered.

"Hun-"

"Get the hell out!" he screamed, making me jump.

"Fine. Goodbye Maximoff," I spat, walking hastily out of the room and making sure to slam the door behind me.

My belongings were not yet fully unpacked so it did not take long to stuff everything back into my suitcase and take off down the stairs, as I was too impatient for the elevator. As I jogged with the suitcase in one hand, I called Hank.

"Hey Hank. I need a ride. ASAP."

"No need. Follow the ants and they'll lead you to a car you can use to get here. Not to mention once it's finished I may consider making it a gift to you of some sort," Hank replied.

And so when I ran outside I thanked him and followed the long trail of ants leading three blocks away to a parking garage, sure I seemed insane to any onlookers. Inside was a sleek black car that had a similar body to a Ferrari. 

A group of ants came over carrying a set of keys which I retrieved carefully. After unlocking the car, I flung the suitcase in the back and hopped into the driver's seat. After starting the car I checked the glovebox to find a set of CDs. I jumped as a hologram popped up in front of me just as I threw in a Nine Inch Nails album, which paused the music. On it was information about the car. Two things in particular caught my eye, and the rest were overlooked.

"This thing can fly? Not to mention has rocket launchers. Hell yes," I cheered.

My phone buzzed, signaling a text message.

'Please don't blow anything up.'

It was from Hank. A smile spread across my face as I drove out of the parking garage and through the city. The moment I hit the freeway, I pressed the gas pedal to the floor.

"Let's have some fun," I grinned.

I hit the switch to make the car invisible just as I approached other cars, and flew up above them with a huge grin on my face. Despite my euphoria from the flight, one thought refused to be pushed to the back of my mind and instead stuck to the forefront like a tick.

'I hurt Pietro.'