Hela

A/n: TW for attempted suicide.

 Pietro's POV 

I could not comprehend what had just become of her. We had been on the helicarrier for a while now and all I had been able to do was stare at Elora's lifeless body. Currently, Hawkeye and my sister were sitting next to me. Wanda had been crying silently the whole time, but my body refused to comfort her and instead began to shut down. Even Black Widow had shed tears at Elora's death.

"How could I let this happen?" I whispered finally.

"It's not your fault," Wanda said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I turned my head away and shrugged off her hand.

"It is! I'm the reason she's dead!" I shouted, anger overturning my senses.

"Look kid, I should have stayed with her. It's not just your fault." Clint stated, trying to calm me down.

It didn't work and the two left for their rooms soon after, leaving me alone with Elora.

"If only I had been faster," I sighed, unable to look at her peaceful expression without my heart clenching.

For a moment, I considered joining her. I doubted my ability to manage without her and my heart worked against my mind, deciding to do what was easiest. Soon I could be with her forever in the afterlife, or at least be without this pain if there was no such thing.  However fast my brain was working to counteract the hopelessness, my heart seemed to believe that there was only one option that would relieve me of such suffering. My heart raced with trepidation, and the feeling of peace people speak of never came as I grabbed the pistol from Elora's belt. I brought it up to my head with a shaky hand, my eyes never leaving the body before me.

"I'll be with you soon my love," I sighed.

Before I could make my final decision, Rogers burst through the door, his eyes wide at the sight before him.

"Put the gun down," he said calmly, holding his hands out before him in submission.

The rest of the avengers, not including Thor, Vision, or Banner, came up behind him. All had the same look of horror plastered across their faces. My sister was staring at me in shock.

"Pietro-" she started.

Know she would be able to talk me out of it I closed my eyes pulled the trigger, longing for the peace I knew was only a lie to wash over me if only for a moment.

Surprisingly, the pain did not come. My eyes fluttered open to see that Wanda had stopped the bullet from exiting the barrel of the gun with her magic. Only a second later I was on the ground, pinned entirely by Steve.