Chapter- 24

His biological mother.

That woman was Liam's biological mother? What?

"What do you mean by that? How a-and i mean how?? Then what are you- she-WHAT?" Zayn was confused was an understatement.

"Liam?" he looked at his boy and his heart shattered a bit more if that's possible.

Liam was smiling more like grimacing in pure hatred to himself, staring at the wall ahead.

"Zayn, sweetie i think you should take him upstairs to his room. Give him some time and talk to him. It's none of ours place to tell you all that yeah? " Karen said signaling towards her and her two daughters. She squeezed his shoulder as a reassuring gesture and gave a weak smile, even though it was visible on her face that she was hurting immensely and her tears showing the same.

He nodded and looked at Liam giving him his hand to take but Liam stayed still.

"Liam? Baby let's go to your room and you take some rest yeah?" He asked cupping his right cheek with his other hand. Yet Liam made no move. He was laying there emotionless and now his eyes were closed but he wasn't sleeping, Zayn knew that very well.

"Liam!! I swear i am saying one more time or i will carry you there which you very much do not like infront of your mum." he said with authority in his voice yet Liam didn't move a muscle.

Zayn knew he wasn't doing it on purpose like he does sometimes teasing Zayn and wanting to be picked up but this time Liam was truly dazed and traumatized, probably flooding his mind with negative thoughts.

Zayn then picked him up in his arms. Holding him close gently and walked his way to Liam's room.

He placed him on the bed and tucked him with warm blanket seeing Liam's eyes still closed. He knew he won't talk to him if he force him to, he kissed his forehead, both cheeks, chin and his nose, then a short peck on his lips and got up. Giving him his space and time to think.

As he made an effort to go, Liam started whimpering and he clutched Zayn's jacket in his fists in fear.

"Please don't go, don't go, don't go. Don't make me be alone. I don't want to be alone. Please, please, please." Liam started mumbling the same words again and again and it was new, it never happened and Zayn didn't want it to happen.

He pulled the crying boy to his chest and rocked him.

"I am not going anywhere baby, shh no one's leaving. It is fine. We all are here. I am here. Shh it's okay, you're okay." Zayn murmured sweet nothings to soothe and comfort him.

Soon Liam'a cries just became hiccups and he was almost asleep and before falling asleep all he said was.

"please don't leave"

Zayn felt thousands of daggers already in his heart and felt them twisting ever so slowly. He held his love tightly in his arms so every part of his body is shadowing over liam's, in order to protect him from all the bad and fell in a deep slumber with a tear leaving his eyes. Only if he could.

##########

When Zayn woke up he felt a light weight on his body. He opened his eyes slowly and found Liam sleeping totally over him, his chest being his pillow (heeehee 😁) and smiled fondly. He squeezed Liam'a waist a little and stared at the sleeping Beauty above him feeling full and in love.

His movements may have woken Liam up because now he was opening his eyes. His chocolate puppy eyes meeting Zayn's hazel ones.

"How are you feeling now baby?" Zayn asked keeping his voice gentle, not wanting to break the quiet and peaceful vibe.